The Whipped Cream Waltz in VIE DO! [27-28 Sept 2008]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    ... nights at the Do&Co (reservation confirmed, but always open to other suggestions)
    V nice! Looks like an uber edgy hotel from the pics.
    Was SO tempted to book that when I saw it on designhotels, but being the points tart that I am...
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• KeithMEL: I was tossing up between the Rathaus (I'm a sucker for wine, as well, and they have wine-themed rooms), made the booking however they were out of rooms for the promotional package I wanted on the Friday-Saturday nights we're all in town, so they recommended the Alstadt instead.

I was casually mentioning this to The Flo when he suggested doing the Do&Co (all his advertising about them doing food for OS caused me to take a second look at the website)... I'm glad to say I did, and booked it two weekends ago.

You're more than welcome to come over and indulge yourself... edgy was not the first word that came to my mind, but it did indeed look quintessentially modern contemporary European

Oh, and also The Ring was booked for the room I requested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        You're more than welcome to come over and indulge yourself... edgy was not the first word that came to my mind, but it did indeed look quintessentially modern contemporary European
        Actually, I'd confused it with The Levante Parliament which was what I had in mind. I'd just spent 10 mins staring at the Do + Co website wondering why it looked so different from what I remembered, and checked back with designhotels. Do + Co also looks v noice though - love the bathrooms.

I'm looking forward to the LM as it's part of the LM Art and Tech (now renamed LM100) series, v chic design and the lobby looks especially interesting. And it has free mini bar, though I'm reliably informed that the only grog inside are a mere 4 bottles of beer. Replenished daily I hope.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 25 August 2008, 06:48 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          I thought it might be useful to compile an itinerary matrix of DO attendees. I will continue to update this post with fresh info as they are posted on here. To avoid any ambiguity w/r/t privacy concerns, I will only include info that's been posted publicly in this thread, not PMed info.

florianwagner - please feel free to link to this post on your OP.

Handle/Date/Flight/Time [Accom]
          Arrivals:

Guy Betsy/25SEP/OS172/2145 [Le Meridien Wien]
          Departures:

Guy Betsy/28SEP/SK694/1130 to CPH then LCY
          Last edited by Guy Betsy; 26 August 2008, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• KeithMEL, flight and hotel details from taipeiflyer way back in the first page of this thread:

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
            hey guys, i'm in.... arriving LH F from fra via lax:
            flight details
            sep 25
            depart Los Angeles 14:45
            arrive Frankfurt 10:25 +1 LH457
            depart Frankfurt 12:45
            arrive Vienna 14:05 LH3534

oct 5
            depart Vienna 06:35
            arrive Frankfurt 08:00 LH3543
            depart Frankfurt 11:40
            arrive Los Angeles 14:15 LH450

i'll be staying at the hotel bristol and hotel imperial in vienna.

i'll be leaving Vienna on the 29th and heading to Amsterdam for 3-4 days and then either london or zurich afterwards if anyone wants to join or meet up for a second do. the more the merrier.

also, i don't know what guest rules are in place at FRA LH F lounge, but if guests are permitted, i am more than happy to assist with guesting if you will be at the airport around the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
              To give you an update: As we will be gathering on SAT and SUN, me and petz thought of something nice. I thought that I might work during the DO but I won't be working on weekends so that's fine

For our guests arriving on friday evening, we can surely whip up a little go-out-for-a-beer because that's what those coffee-junkies in vienna do in the evening. I thought at going to a "typical" viennese beerplace. The thing about vienna is that there are many places reasonably priced where young and old, poor and rich, etc. meet and have a good time together. We might go to the Siebensternbräu (website) which is located near Marhiahilfer Str. (that's our second shopping street besides Kärntner Str / Graben / Kohlmarkt). So jjpb3, phaleesy and jhm are probably very close by. The LM shouldn't be too far away as well and the IC would be about 3 stations by subway. For those who want some more action, we can go to the Babenberger Passage (website) or the Volksgarten (website) or we could get some cocktails somewhere in the inner city.

As some people only arrive on saturday, I would say we meet at about 1 PM or so, have a cup of coffee and some cakes in the 1st district (near Stephansdom) at Demel and some nice Kaffeehaus, go inside the Stephansdom and walk along the ring afterwards, making short visits to the Musikverein, Staatsoper, Karlskirche, Vienna Uni, etc. and spend some more time at the Hofburg. Afterwards it will probably be about 5, so we can either go for another coffee or back to our places to meet up later on to go to a Heuriger. That's a little local wine place where loads and loads and loads of wine flow and local homemade delicacies like Schnitzel, Leberkäse, sausages etc. can be consumed. It has a bit of a hawker flair

For sunday, my plannings are a bit conservative as I know that one easily underestimates the wine flowing at the Heuriger ... so we would meet up at 10 (if that's not too early) and go for another round of coffee and cakes at other places. Afterwards, for those who are staying a bit longer, we can go to Schönbrunn. In the evening, I am sure some sort of clubbing can be arranged for those who are willing to do this kind of thing.

Does this sound okay?
              flo, do the Saturday and Sunday places require reservations ? I make it:

Confirmed:

flo
              Guy Betsy
              jhm
              jjpb3
              KeithMEL
              Kyo
              petz
              phaleesy
              Savage25
              taipeiflyer

I take it as a yes :

HUGE AL

Maybe and posted to this thread:

Lobster
              scooby5
              SQFAN
              Singapore_Air

Maybe and haven't posted to this thread:

hon2
              MCS?
              RoseFPS (via KeithMEL I think)
              Last edited by jhm; 30 August 2008, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Drop RoseFPS to a 'maybe' at this stage - work reasons. He's still pretty keen on making it tho.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I take it as a yes :

HUGE AL
                It'd better be...

Comment

• Hey all, I posted a maybe but looks to be a no go. A friend of mine will be in London for vacation and plans to pop over for a visit that weekend. If I do join you guys it'll be a pretty last minute thing!

Have fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    I take it as a yes :
                    HUGE AL
                    Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    It'd better be...
                    Yeah, bet he's still practicing his swings.

Comment

• yeah some places certainly need reservation.

i will make reservations for 13 at Demel (cakes), a coffee place petz and I still have to nail our selection down to (just so many here lol), and at a Heuriger (till now, we narrowed it down to one in Hietzing with a gorgeous view over the city, Zahel and Feuerwehr Wagner) ... and probably we will go for the place that serves the world's biggest Schnitzel, Figlmüller.

I don't think we need reservations on Friday but to be on th safe side.... I'll make some at the Siebensternbräu which can be quite packed after workhours in Vienna's design/communication/advertising/arts district
                      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        I take it as a yes :

HUGE AL
                        Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        It'd better be...
                        Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        Yeah, bet he's still practicing his swings.
                        Man, I sure am paying for dogging you guys in NYC! I will do my best to slice my way to Euroland...
                        HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          Man, I sure am paying for dogging you guys in NYC! I will do my best to slice my way to Euroland...
                          Whoah, hold it,...you guys went dogging?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            Man, I sure am paying for dogging you guys in NYC!

Do you know the meaning in the UK ?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=dogging&meta=

Comment

• Not just in UK.

Why do I drink coffee while reading SQT? A mess everywhere ... again.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                                Whoah, hold it,...you guys went dogging?!?
                                Originally posted by jhm View Post

Do you know the meaning in the UK ?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=dogging&meta=
                                Man, you UK guys always get me in trouble! If only you spoke English! Hahahahaha Although...hmmm...perhaps that describes my...well...never mind...
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X