Sat/Sun 23-24 Aug - New York ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you are all having fun.

Must be better than waiting for yet another delayed flight (at least I'm in the comfort of a nice lounge this time).

Comment

aw poor Kiwi which lounge did you go to?

About the evening: phaleesy better not post the photos of how jhm and I looked afterwards but I was so stuffed, I could have thrown up. I think I have never been this stuffed in my life before The steak was formidable though. Great stuff - do check out the Luger when you are in NY.
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
        About the evening: phaleesy better not post the photos of how jhm and I looked afterwards but I was so stuffed, I could have thrown up. I think I have never been this stuffed in my life before
        I am dying to see those photos flo . Please post it, anyone who has it

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
          aw poor Kiwi which lounge did you go to?
          It was Qantas Club at Auckland domestic. I had further delays (and yet more lounge time) at Christchurch too.

Comment

After a long day yesterday (trundling my bag around Milan town and FRA), I got home last night.

It was a pleasure and privilege to finally meet flo and the always nattily dressed taipeiflyer. And a big shame that HUGE AL couldn't join us - hopefully we'll knock back some drinks with him in Vienna.

The steak was awesome - everything else will seem tasteless now. And the thick cut bacon, onion rings, creamed spinach, fries, desserts, schlag, wine etc.

Another OT - Alitalia Magnifica Class lives up to its name! Very friendly crew (even more so as I had the same on my return flight from JFK the following day). A labour intensive dinner service (what you normally get in F on other airlines) with everything placed on your tablecloth (with not a tray in sight) and the choices for every course presented to you on a trolley (including a selection of small cakes, tiramisu etc to choose from) and other crew in charge of the frequent bread/drink top-ups. The food doesn't match up to SQ standards but is nicer than BA. A comfortable sloped flat seat (but very flimsy blanket and a tiny pillow). A proper amenity kit in J.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              After a long day yesterday (trundling my bag around Milan town and FRA), I got home last night.

It was a pleasure and privilege to finally meet flo and the always nattily dressed taipeiflyer. And a big shame that HUGE AL couldn't join us - hopefully we'll knock back some drinks with him in Vienna.

The steak was awesome - everything else will seem tasteless now. And the thick cut bacon, onion rings, creamed spinach, fries, desserts, schlag, wine etc.

Another OT - Alitalia Magnifica Class lives up to its name! Very friendly crew (even more so as I had the same on my return flight from JFK the following day). A labour intensive dinner service (what you normally get in F on other airlines) with everything placed on your tablecloth (with not a tray in sight) and the choices for every course presented to you on a trolley (including a selection of small cakes, tiramisu etc to choose from) and other crew in charge of the frequent bread/drink top-ups. The food doesn't match up to SQ standards but is nicer than BA. A comfortable sloped flat seat (but very flimsy blanket and a tiny pillow). A proper amenity kit in J.
              Certainly don't disagree, but N_Architect would appreciate you posting some pics as he will not be able to join the Vienna DO and meet the gang
              Last edited by N_Architect; 27 August 2008, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Its been 3 days since the DO........so I'll say:

Comment

I believe phaleesy (assuming she didn't miss the AZ flight ... again ) is on her way from MXP to CDG right now with the photographic evidence. Soon!

Comment

Ahhh yes...my apologies for not being able to make it (and also not logging on until now). Trust me, I would have rather been over there than in YYC, HLN, DEN, etc. It's been a long week. AND I get to repeat it on Tuesday!

Sounds like you all had fun. Next time.

Yes yes, I'm still working on getting to VIE. Partying with SQTalkers is simply a blast and highly recommended. Flo, Zander, Mr. & Mrs. StarG...it's been a great August!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Besides the pictures, I want to see which items made it to the ticked column of phaleesy's shopping list.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Besides the pictures, I want to see which items made it to the ticked column of phaleesy's shopping list.
                        Shopping! I'll leave her to comment but I can say that she now understands very well why you like NYC so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          I believe phaleesy (assuming she didn't miss the AZ flight ... again ) is on her way from MXP to CDG right now with the photographic evidence. Soon!
                          Photographic evidence, you said!
                          No photo, she said!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            B&H is a much better toy shop than Hamleys! I love it! I've also managed to get all my sports gear from the shop you recommended. Won't bore you with the details of my clothes shopping.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            Photographic evidence, you said!
                            No photo, she said!
                            Photos of men in horizontal positions. But I need to get consent from the two men first!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                              B&H is a much better toy shop than Hamleys! I love it! I've also managed to get all my sports gear from the shop you recommended. Won't bore you with the details of my clothes shopping.
                              Hmm you love B&H, then I guess we are not a match. Reminds me of my previous life. Definitely, something to do with PJs should be in your clothes shopping spree!

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                              Photos of men in horizontal positions. But I need to get consent from the two men first!
                              Two men in horizontal positions? Hmm I wonder ...
                              A rumour has it that ... (censored... )

Comment

Still no photos?

And, where is taipeiflyer anyway? Did he just disappear?

Comment

Working...
                                X