Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a ride on the wings of a Golden Goose soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, MtL!

My next ride is over Easter Weekend, but it marks a somewhat sad occasion: it will be my passage from being SQ *G into Other *G, thanks largely to the Feb 07 changes to KrisFlyer .
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Yeah, it's right. part of the mid-2006 fare hike used to be RM 92.
      Wow! Used to pay RM92 in the late 90's when I flew that route a lot

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        When is your return flight? I think I am booked on SQ26 FRA-JFK for June 11. And if you take SQ326 SIN-FRA for Jun 10, you might have a real fun...
        I'm coming home sooner. I'll be on SQ 26 on June 3-4. Too bad. Looks like we'll miss each other. Unless you're planning to be in Thailand or Malaysia May 25-June 3.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Congratulations, MtL!
          Double !

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
            I'm coming home sooner. I'll be on SQ 26 on June 3-4. Too bad. Looks like we'll miss each other. Unless you're planning to be in Thailand or Malaysia May 25-June 3.
            Not again. Why we had been missed each other too many times? (Ooops it's a sign from a GUY up there... )

Where in Malaysia will you be? I am sure you will have lots of FUN FUN FUN and dot dot dot ...

Comment

Where in Malaysia will you be? I am sure you will have lots of FUN FUN FUN and dot dot dot ...
              I thought that when he was in Asia and in the company of Mr MtL, MtL didn't need to dot dot dot?
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                I thought that when he was in Asia and in the company of Mr MtL, MtL didn't need to dot dot dot?
                Well, one can never get enough ...

We'll be in Kuala Lumpur for three days, May 31 - June 3. It'll be our first time in KL.

Comment

Yiiiippeeeee!!!! I am finally SQ-Un-Grounded by having booked a westbound FRWSTAR2 tix for my GF and myself for travel starting the first week of April. It will be the first time taking a FRWSTAR2 going westbound.

AC001 C YYZ-NRT 1330/1555+1
                  SQ637 A NRT-SIN 1130/1740
                  SQ285 A SIN-AKL 2100/1030+1
                  SQ286 A AKL-SIN 1400/2040
                  SQ322 A SIN-LHR 2320/0550+1
                  AC857 C LHR-YYZ 1300/1600

It took 7 phone calls back and forth with the TA today to get this finalized but definately worth the effort. Finally an SQ flight for the first time since Dec 2006 and finally definately found something to cheer me up and look foward to after being compounded by winter depression. Yes I definately miss the Golden Bird dearly.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

I would rather do YYZ to SFO the taking SQ15 to SIN on 77W.

Comment

Rejuvenated you don't want to do.

YYZ-SFO on AC
                      SFO-ICN new 77W SQ
                      ICN-NRT OZ or NH or UA

or

YYZ-LAX on AC
                      LAX-NRT

On the return

SIN-FRA-JFK on SQ
                      JFK-YYZ ????

Comment

I would rather do YYZ to SFO the taking SQ15 to SIN on 77W.
                        Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                        Rejuvenated you don't want to do.

YYZ-SFO on AC
                        SFO-ICN new 77W SQ
                        ICN-NRT OZ or NH or UA

or

YYZ-LAX on AC
                        LAX-NRT
                        My GF, who does not posses a U.S. Passport nor an Alien Green Card, finds it unworthy to route via the U.S. to take those flights as she finds it a PITA to go through U.S. C & I. Hence we went for the routing that completely avoids U.S. airports.
                        Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                        On the return

SIN-FRA-JFK on SQ
                        JFK-YYZ ????
                        Unfortunately no *A carriers operate JFK-YYZ. Not so sure about RTW rules, but I'm not sure if one can go FRA-JFK, have a gap in between, and then go LGA/EWR-YYZ as the following segment. *A NYC-YTO flights are only EWR-YYZ or LGA-YYZ
                        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

I've just booked my (Economy) ticket HKGSIN / SQ861 and SINFRA / SQ326.

Very exciting!

Let's just hope my Jetstar flight to HKG on that same day doesn't get cancelled due to "pilot shortage" or some idiotic reason - that would really mess up schedules.

Kudos to me.

Comment

How was your flight? Tell us, please... Is it up to your expectation?
                            dear cgk,

sorry for the late reply but i m finally now back in paris.

anyway, once on board, i had my warm nuts accompanied by dom and krug during the flight. here and there i ordered the silverkris sling, than singapore sling and mineral water but resumed ordering dom and krug .

i ordered the lobster themidor and asked for 2 servings of caviar. the caviar was great, salty and creamy in texture. however i was dissappointed with the lobster thermidor. my tastebuds were not really working as i had a cold, i was only able to taste the safron rice ....i think i also had soup and salad, a cheese platter and ice cream.

as for breakfast, i skipped the cereal bowl, i just wanted to have a fruit platter.

i actually did not sleep very comfortable , i think the new F class is much better and wider . and my personal tv screen was a bit blur ....

but all in all, it was very enjoyable to fly the old F class skysuite. i like the private ambiance in the F class cabin . it s much better than the new F class cabin on the b777-300er, don't you agree cgk ?

...and before i realised, we approached singapore already, time flies when one flies in F, doesn't it? no hassle, no stressed pax, everybody is minding there own business, simply wonderfull and hasslefree indeed. as i arrived in singapore, i was ready to concentrate on my work

Comment

20FEB SQ326 SIN FRA 1430 2035 2F

hi cgk,

it was nice to see you in FRA airport as i was going from my SQ326 flight onto my LH flight to CDG, i hope you had a good flight to SIN on your LH flight.

my returnflight from SIN FRA in F was not full, only 5 pax. this time i only drank dom .

i had a light lunch : salmon with herbs as a starter, lobster thermidor as my main course (this time i was not sick so my tastebuds were working...very tasty indeed ) and some icecream.

light snack : bowl of noodles with fishballs

dinner : satays, 2 servings of caviar (very generous) and for my main course i had northen indian cuisine. for dessert i had a mango pudding panacotta, simply wonderfull.

again, flying in F is simply so hasslefree and enjoyable . time litterally flies and before you know it, you have arrived on your destination .

Comment

People keep talking about the Golden Goose .. and I thought someone meant "Canadi>n Airlines"...

I think it's supposed to be Yellow Bird.. supposingly Singapore's national bird... frequently seen fluffing about at the Jurong Bird Park !

Personally I'll be on a couple of SQ flights enroute to YVR in 2 weeks. I'd rather be on the Green/White wing swept bird.. (but honestly - it looks like a sharks fin!)

Comment

Working...
                                X