BREAKING NEWS: SQ LPP will go for A380 inaugural flight in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    Well I guess I can get dressed up for this.

I am happy to go for which ever menu people prefer. Only request from me is that there is a good range of non fish dishes.
    Apology. Had been busy and now traveling.
    Here are the menu:
    • Menu @ £55 per head

Dim sum platter
      Roasted mango duck in lemon sauce

Roast chicken in satay sauce
      Pan-fried Silver cod
      Stir-fry venison with water chestnut, Thai celery, black fungus and red chilli
      Stir-fry Atlantic scallop in Korean sho chu

Seasonal Chinese vegetable
      Steamed jasmine rice

Selection of Petits Gateaux from Yauatcha
    • Vegetarian menu @ £55 per head

Chow chow and mango salad with vegetarian abalone in sour plum dressing
      Chinese chive and yam spring roll
      Hot and sour vegetarian shark’s fin soup

Braised monk’s vegetable in beancurd wrap
      Taro dome
      Stir-fry vegetarian sakura prawn with lily bulb and black bean
      Three style mushroom stir-fry

Seasonal Chinese vegetables
      Steamed jasmine rice

• Menu @ £60 per head

Jasmine tea smoked organic pork ribs
      Sesame prawn toast
      Fried soft-shell crab with red chilli and curry leaf

Stir-fry black pepper beef
      Grilled Chilean seabass in Chinese honey
      Pipa duck
      King Scallop in Yakiniku sauce

Seasonal Chinese vegetables
      Steamed jasmine rice
    The first one looks better off for you, lobster. The appetiser would be non-seafood, and the main course you can have non-fish as well. What do you think, guys?

And a question for jjpb3, is there any possibility that we can have an additional side order for your favorites, in addition to the set menu, so that our special guests can try?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      The first one looks better off for you, lobster. The appetiser would be non-seafood, and the main course you can have non-fish as well. What do you think, guys?
      Well, not necessarily: the venison in the first menu is very good, but so are the ribs and pipa duck in the third.
      And a question for jjpb3, is there any possibility that we can have an additional side order for your favorites, in addition to the set menu, so that our special guests can try?
      Yes, we can choose from the a la carte menu in addition to the set menu.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Well, not necessarily: the venison in the first menu is very good, but so are the ribs and pipa duck in the third.
        Hmm suggestion from HRH jjpb3 is always great. What do you think guys and gals?

That's good to know. So we'd better decide soon.

Hmmm what would happen if I can't get the visa?

Comment

I will leave it all up to HRH jjpb3 who knows best.

Comment

Both Menus look fine to me.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I will leave it all up to HRH jjpb3 who knows best.
                Hmm same here. Every time we all have gathering, I will just follow the rest!

Comment

For the ones who are certain in joining the dinner:
                  • The first special guest who will be seated on 77K SQ319 18MAR A380 inaugural flight
                  • The second special guest who will grace the dinner
                  • lobster
                  • jjpb3
                  • jhm
                  • phaleesy
                  • nickbot
                  • SQFAN
                  • SQ LPP (if getting the visa)
                  The good news:
                  Dinner reservation has been made at Hakkasan with the available time for 21:25. We certainly can have drinks somewhere else prior to this. With this time availability, it will give time for the second special guest and SQFAN who will arrive early evening at LHR, as well as our must meet Londoner HRH jjpb3 to finish his busy day at work.

The not so good news (thus need to be discussed here):
                  • New policy of dress code: no sneakers and no jeans!
                  • No ala carte possibility. And as expected, it's pricy. Must be a set menu (provided later) for GBP55, or GBP60, or GBP70.
                  Let us know which price range you would rather have, as well as some concerns. PM me if you are shy (like me )

Lobster, and anyone else, if interested, we can meet early for afternoon high tea, as well as a visit to Madame Tussaud before going to the drinks and dinner later that evening. Most probably I will arrive from FRA after 1pm.
                  If nothing occurs, I'll arrive in LHR on tuesday morning (incoming from BKK)... so if someone is around i'll be happy to meet. My only need is to catch an afternoon flight to MIL.
                  BTW, there are very low chances i can catch the BKK-LON flight one day earlier, but i'll try to do that
                  Luke
                  There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                  If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Very cheeky request. Sorry.

Are any of the attendees for dinner at Hakkasan coming in from the States?
                    I would like to do some shopping on-line and have my goodies sent to an address in the States. It would be 1 or 2 empty light-weight bags (red oxx- recommended by jjpb3), so hopefully should not weigh much.

Alternatively if I'm meeting anyone of you later on in the month, it would be possible too. Please let me know via PM or email. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

• It looks like I may well need to be in London on the 18th. If so I will try and come down on the Monday night. If I do it will be later on and after you have gone for dinner, in which case I will try and hook up with you for a drink later on in the evening.

I won't know for certain for another couple of weeks, as usual...

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                        If nothing occurs, I'll arrive in LHR on tuesday morning (incoming from BKK)... so if someone is around i'll be happy to meet. My only need is to catch an afternoon flight to MIL.
                        BTW, there are very low chances i can catch the BKK-LON flight one day earlier, but i'll try to do that
                        Luke
                        Try the best as you can to change it a day earlier. The special guests would be pleased, and we all here give you lots of kisses fo doing that.
                        But if you can make it, Tuesday morning, I will be waiting for you in my hotel room. We can have breakfast early or join the brunch!

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                        Very cheeky request. Sorry.

Are any of the attendees for dinner at Hakkasan coming in from the States?
                        I would like to do some shopping on-line and have my goodies sent to an address in the States. It would be 1 or 2 empty light-weight bags (red oxx- recommended by jjpb3), so hopefully should not weigh much.

Alternatively if I'm meeting anyone of you later on in the month, it would be possible too. Please let me know via PM or email. Thanks in advance for your help.
                        Hope this is solved. And what's the reward?

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        It looks like I may well need to be in London on the 18th. If so I will try and come down on the Monday night. If I do it will be later on and after you have gone for dinner, in which case I will try and hook up with you for a drink later on in the evening.

I won't know for certain for another couple of weeks, as usual...
                        If you can make it, it will be great! You know both special guests very well...

Too sad to see the empty bar at SKL.

Comment

• The restaurants mentioned in the thread have appeared in the South China Morning Post several times this year. Apparently, the owner (or ex-owner now since he had sold those 2 restaurants off) is from Hong Kong and is probably thinking of entering the F&B business here.

Comment

• Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                            Apparently, the owner (or ex-owner now since he had sold those 2 restaurants off) is from Hong Kong and is probably thinking of entering the F&B business here.
                            There's been talk of this for quite a number of years now, e.g. this article from 2004:

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/...614336,00.html

his other reason for being in Hong Kong - he is preparing to open a Hakkasan in his birthplace. The deal is nearly done and the opening should be by the end of 2005. It will be a big moment for the 42-year-old who grew up far from Hong Kong island's glitter, in the impoverished New Territories commuter town of Sha Tau Kok.
                            And whilst born in HK, he's spent most of his life in the UK:

In 1975, aged 12, Yau and his younger brother and sisters went to join their parents in King's Lynn, where his father had a Chinese restaurant. [...]

When the family took on a second restaurant in rural Lincolnshire, Yau moved out. He went to London and read politics and philosophy at City poly. A whole series of jobs followed - systems for an engineering company, an interior design business, until, inexorably, he found himself back where he started, behind the counter at a Chinese takeaway business, started in Peterborough with his father. It was 1986 and it wasn't where he wanted to go.
                            It's interesting that the (original) head chefs who made Hakkasan and Yauatcha famous aren't from Hong Kong but Singapore:

The chef behind Hakkasan and that Michelin star is a Cantonese legend: Tong Chee Hwee, late of the Singapore Ritz-Carlton. The dim sum at Yauatcha are the work of another Singapore-Chinese master, Cheong Wah Soon.

Comment

• Less than three weeks to go. I was told that on SQ319 the R-class are full, as well as the C-class. But still selling revenue seats in Y-class.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                                Less than three weeks to go. I was told that on SQ319 the R-class are full, as well as the C-class. But still selling revenue seats in Y-class.
                                SQ are teasing me with their availability!

Comment

Working...
                                X