No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: SQ LPP will go for A380 inaugural flight in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks iangoodwin for updating my name in your website.
    Wow someone will go turn around in the Suite 1A... and another person just on SQ308 in 1F.

We all can peek onto his Suite from the front staircase.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      The cheapest flight is £15 each way plus taxes. The website does advertise return flights from £39 but none of these fairs were offered for the flights I was looking at.
      Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      Could you keep me posted Lobster? Sounds like a good plan!
      If you look up this thread, at least you will get 100% miles or about 1822 miles... for GBP70.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        If you look up this thread, at least you will get 100% miles or about 1822 miles... for GBP70.
        Tempting, but booking a flight is losing its appeal slightly if the party is out of bounds

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          Tempting, but booking a flight is losing its appeal slightly if the party is out of bounds
          Any one will take SQ ex-LHR soon? Perhaps can help. Please ask the ladies at SKL, where exactly are the gates for A380. And ask about what the plan for A380 inaugural flight?

Comment

Now I am booked on LH455 departs SFO 16MAR at 1520 and arrives at FRA 17MAR at 1010. I will make my way to LHR after that.

Note: SQ308 and SQ319 18MAR still have economy seats to sell.

Comment

Any one will take SQ ex-LHR soon? Perhaps can help. Please ask the ladies at SKL, where exactly are the gates for A380. And ask about what the plan for A380 inaugural flight?
              I am flying SQ from LHR on Friday, but I know (and so should you..) where the A380 gates are anyway.

They are those four gates just past the SKL that have been rebuilt in the last couple of years, and that have spoiled the view from the SKL F.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                I am flying SQ from LHR on Friday, but I know (and so should you..) where the A380 gates are anyway.

They are those four gates just past the SKL that have been rebuilt in the last couple of years, and that have spoiled the view from the SKL F.
                Well the current SQ gate is further down after that. If those gates after SKL, this means that the party inside the gate will only be for pax and by special invitation guests only. Thus, having BP for any flight departing from T3 will not gain entry, right?

Comment

Thank you for the list!
                  I have to check with the special guest first.
                  Will think about it. After all, I am still assuming I will have no problem getting the visa on time.
                  In the mean time, lobster's opinion would be appreciated in this one since he moved out from the UK.
                  Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Bump!
                    Not much news about the inaugural. It seems the flights are not full, except in R.

Well, I am for British beef... So, looks like Gourmet Burger Kitchen for dinner. But really, I am an easy person. Let you guys and the special guest decide.

Comment

17 MAR Dinner Plan in London

Not much news about the inaugural. It seems the flights are not full, except in R.

Well, I am for British beef... So, looks like Gourmet Burger Kitchen for dinner. But really, I am an easy person. Let you guys and the special guest decide.
                      Forget about this beef proposal...

I sacrifice my beef for the news that I just received.
                      Another special guest
                      will grace our dinner. And after the thread started by our jjpb3: die die must eat in London, this special guest would love to dine at Hakkasan, the best in London as listed in February edition of Silver Kris magazine. (Hmm snotty and nooty guest I must say ....and HE doesn't believe the BEST chinese restaurant can be in LONDON )

So what do you think guys?

Last edited by SQ LPP; 16 February 2008, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I don't have a clue who either special guest is!

Hakkasan is fine with me (and, I'm sure, phaleesy). However, as you know from the last time we all ate there, it won't be:

in a medium range price wise
                        but that's okay - phaleesy and I will eat bread and water for a week to save the pennies.

(Just to mention also that Alan Yau (who opened Hakkasan - which he sold last month to a Abu Dhabi soverign wealth fund) has very recently opened (what is/will no doubt be) the next very fashionable/stylish London restaurant, Sake no hana).

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          I don't have a clue who either special guest is!

Hakkasan is fine with me (and, I'm sure, phaleesy). However, as you know from the last time we all ate there, it won't be:

but that's okay - phaleesy and I will eat bread and water for a week to save the pennies.

(Just to mention also that Alan Yau (who opened Hakkasan - which he sold last month to a Abu Dhabi soverign wealth fund) has very recently opened (what is/will no doubt be) the next very fashionable/stylish London restaurant, Sake no hana).

Well, I will save pennies as well.. just to follow the PITA who wants to dine at Hakkasan. Hmm may be the guest will give me a free room in London to stay.

Again, it's a democratic system is in force. So let everyone voices their desire.

Comment

Hakkasan is fine by me luckily recently I have been working such long hours I have not had any chance to spend any money.

Comment

17 MAR Dinner Plan in London

Possible attendees who has shown an interest to join (and please let us know others who are interested as well):
                              • The first special guest who will be seated on 77K SQ319 18MAR A380 inaugural flight
                              • The second special guest who will grace the dinner
                              • lobster
                              • jjpb3
                              • jhm
                              • phaleesy
                              • nickbot & mrs nickbot
                              • MANFlyer & Ceri (if they are not traveling around the world )
                              • SQ LPP (if getting the visa)
                              I hope others will join... please please join us. I know it's Monday, but would love to have you all around...

SQFAN, I know you have to work... but ...
                              cawhite, any chance to join us here...
                              Other SQTalkers? Other flyers?

Note: Most probably, the next day, some of us will go to Bayswater to order our BTC.

Comment

mrs nickbot unfortunately not able to attend as it's a Monday night (and we're going away the next week, so holiday time limited), but I'm still a strong possible.

Originally posted by jhm
                                That's ok, I can smuggle in pot noodles for all

...any thoughts on hotels SQ LPP? Think I need to stay at IC properties to maintain my Plat for next year, but know you need SPG stays.

Comment

Working...
                                X