No announcement yet.

Christmas travel plans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL-PEN-KUL, balik rumah, thereafter KUL-DPS-UPG-MDC-CGK-KUL =) Otherwise it's home tweet home.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Slightly further afield trip for just before CNY -

//JFK-FRA-SIN-KUL.

...and finishing up with the golden goose
      In time for the 744?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        In time for the 744?
        Nah... too late. Will have to settle for a bigger bird.

Comment

• I will be flying back to SG from QLD later this day and it has been a a great trip so far. My next designation would be KL through a coach on the 24th of this month.

I have been receiving a lot of emails regarding offers for travel in the next couple of months and though it is very enticing, it is a little hard to plot what I have to do over those dates yet.

Comment

• Leaving for SYD tomorrow and will spend X'mas there. New year on the plane

Comment

• SIN-BOM-SIN on SQ's 77W to visit some family in Mumbai.
              -SQ's christmas present to me was an upgrade to J on the SIN-BOM sector.
              -276/278 seats were occupied on the return and both free seats were located next to me!

Family from the US is flying down and we'll be doing SIN-BKK-HKT-SIN on SQ/TG/MI with NYE in BKK.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• SIN-DPS between XMas and NY.

Lots of food in from Xmas eve till NY day... I may just have to walk that Half Marathon in March...

Comment

• SIN-BKK-DXB-GIG//SDU-CGH-SDU//GIG-DXB-BKK-SIN-BCN-GRU

Flying SQ, EK, and G3
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Originally posted by B727 View Post
                    SIN-BKK-DXB-GIG//SDU-CGH-SDU//GIG-DXB-BKK-SIN-BCN-GRU

Flying SQ, EK, and G3
                    Were your G3 tickets a good price? I couldn't for the life of me price out anything decent on the Sampa-Rio route

Obrigada

Comment

Were your G3 tickets a good price? I couldn't for the life of me price out anything decent on the Sampa-Rio route
                      SQfg One way domestic ticket prices in Brasil are ludicrous!

Have you tried pricing it as a roundtrip? And try combinations for all four airports in the two cities.

Just to give you an example. My SIN-Brasil trip this month on SQ was gonna involve a routine CGH-SDU-CGH until I found out how much both G3 and JJ were gonna charge!

A GRU-SDU-GRU yielded a better price, but at ungodly hours, and more searching hit the jackpot with a GRU-GI G-GRU at R$130++! Heck, at that price, I will gladly pay all the cab fares and wait a couple of extra hours in transit at GRU!

Comment

SQfg One way domestic ticket prices in Brasil are ludicrous!

Have you tried pricing it as a roundtrip? And try combinations for all four airports in the two cities.

Just to give you an example. My SIN-Brasil trip this month on SQ was gonna involve a routine CGH-SDU-CGH until I found out how much both G3 and JJ were gonna charge!

A GRU-SDU-GRU yielded a better price, but at ungodly hours, and more searching hit the jackpot with a GRU-GI G-GRU at R$130++! Heck, at that price, I will gladly pay all the cab fares and wait a couple of extra hours in transit at GRU!
                        Didn't try as an RT, cause I'm not going back to Sampa after Cidade Maravilhosa. The only decent fare that came back on the CGH-SDU (I loathe Guarulhos and Galeao like the plague) run was Avianca Brasil ex oceanair. R$110 was ok i thought.

Your R$130 RT is good - just make sure it's not Viracopos cause Gol wanted something like R$450 one way the dates i was looking at, and I thought it was the usual "gringo" pricing structure at work - but no, that's the price for Brasilheiros alike.

Comment

Your R$130 RT is good - just make sure it's not Viracopos
                          Haha...yes, I am not flying in no jump seat on no cargo plane!

I did that GIG-GRU-GIG earlier this month actually. Like I said, at that price, I will do domestic out of GRU and GIG! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There's actually more domestic flights between those two international airports these days, as locals refuse to be gouged out of their wallets for the premium price of flying in/out of SDU and CGH. Out of GRU, there's also WebJet (recently acquired by G3) that flies into SDU, but I am happy to stick with the parent company

As for fares for the next round of Rio-SP shuttling after Christmas into the new year and the Alta Temporada (high season) approaching carnaval, we have a saying in Portuguese: So' Deus sabe (only God knows)!

Comment

As for fares for the next round of Rio-SP shuttling after Christmas into the new year and the Alta Temporada (high season) approaching carnaval, we have a saying in Portuguese: So' Deus sabe (only God knows)!
                            That's when I'm going.... so there you go..... 450 Reais or you walk. Thank god for O6.

Comment

That's when I'm going.... so there you go..... 450 Reais or you walk
                              Ah yes, my beautiful overpriced (as in demand beats supply) Brasil

Hey Sqfg, we should meet up in Santa Teresa for uns bons drinks

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                                Sleeping at home, cooking at home, eating at home, having friends over at home. It will be a good Christmas and a happy new year.
                                This is exactly what my Christmas, and New Year for a change, will be. Christmas is always, always with my family but we usually fly off to S.E. Asia for New Year. This year will be the first time in around 20 years I will be in my home town for new years, due in no small part to the new arrival. It will be different I suppose.

Whatever it is you do, I would just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and hope you all have a good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X