Final December itininerary:
    SIN-NGO-CTS
    CTS-ITM
    KIX-SIN
    SUB-HKG-KIX on 21 Dec...
    Osaka-Tokyo on 25 Dec...
    HND-HKG on 30 Dec...
    HKG-DPS on 02 Jan....

(Btw 9V-SIA, where to eat in Osaka?? Need expert's advices here...)

Comment

• SIN-BKK-CDG-BKK-SIN, TG - only cos it's on the 77W and cheep. Looking forward to Paris, Provence and some skiing thrown in.

Comment

• Trying all ways to be in NYC for Christmas
        But the folks want me back in Japan for christmas and new year

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          CTS is gonna be slippery!

But still memorable! Enjoy it!
          Colder the better! Looking forward to it

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          Are you staying in NGO ? Are we going to get pictures of hitsumabushi, misokatsu and the airport onsen ?
          Transit only unfortunately

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Me thinks there's going to be another TR
          OK lah!

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post

(Btw 9V-SIA, where to eat in Osaka?? Need expert's advices here...)
          Kahala & Momen. But hard to book since they received Michelin stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
            Kahala & Momen. But hard to book since they received Michelin stars.
            In February this year, I managed to book Kahala for March but was told that Momen was full until June (not surprising given that Momen only costs JPY 10,000 compared to three times that at Kahala). Having tried Kahala (made popular not only by Michelin but also people like Tetsuya Wakuda), I'm a bit lukewarm about it given the expense (my Japanese friend in Osaka had the same reaction). I've eaten very well in other kappo restaurants in Osaka for much less.

Dent@SUB should also - if he hasn't been to Osaka before - check out the cheap (but very nice) street food which Osaka (known to the Japanese as the kitchen of Japan) is renowned for, e.g. okonomiyaki (there's a famous/popular one called Kiji in the food court under the sky building next to the Westin which I've been to a few times), takoyaki (I was recommended Kogaryu in Amerikamura by a Japanese person - it was okay but there are many others), kushikatsu (lots around particularly in the rundown parts of Shinsekai) etc.

Comment

• No international travel aboard SQ for me this December...

...and the way back...

Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

• Dec. 16: Singapore
                Dec. 16-20: Koh Samui
                Dec. 20-23: Bangkok
                Dec. 23-27: Tokyo
                Dec. 27-29: Karuizawa
                Dec. 29-Jan 3: Bangkok
                Jan. 3-4: Singapore

Flying SQ 11/12 on my last DL SQ F award. Flying DL between BKK and NRT. Bangkok Airways SIN-USM nonstop. TG for USM-BKK, BKK-SIN.

First time at IC Singapore on my overnight transit stops. FS Koh Samui. Pen's in Bangkok and Tokyo. Hoshinoya Karuizawa.

Comment

• Hope you'll have time for a hello on the 3rd of Jan, MegatopLover

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post

Dent@SUB should also - if he hasn't been to Osaka before - check out the cheap (but very nice) street food which Osaka (known to the Japanese as the kitchen of Japan) is renowned for, e.g. okonomiyaki (there's a famous/popular one called Kiji in the food court under the sky building next to the Westin which I've been to a few times), takoyaki (I was recommended Kogaryu in Amerikamura by a Japanese person - it was okay but there are many others), kushikatsu (lots around particularly in the rundown parts of Shinsekai) etc.
                    That's what I''m looking for.... Street food....

Any specific area???
                    I'm open for any suggestion....
                    That's my first time to Osaka.... want to sample as many as possible street food there....
                    Thanks jhm...
                    Last edited by Dent@SUB; 11 November 2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Kyo: On Jan. 3rd, where will you be, and for how long?

I'll arrive on TG in the early afternoon. Then I'll head to the IC on Middle Road. Then I'll probably go out and kick around Chinatown a bit for some shopping, eating...

Comment

• I'll be just back from TPE on the night of the 2nd... so I might be a little exhausted, but I can meet on the 3rd for maybe an early dinner? I can also come to the IC, or you can stay in Chinatown (near where I work)... up to you, really

Comment

• Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                          Any specific area???
                          Unless you have anything specifically in mind, I would head for Dotonbori in the Namba area (south Osaka). From Wikipedia:

Dōtonbori ... is one of the principal tourist destinations in Osaka, Japan. It is a single street, running alongside the Dōtonbori canal between the Dōtonboribashi Bridge and the Nipponbashi Bridge in the Namba ward of Osaka.
                          [...]
                          As a domestic tourist destination, Osaka is known for its food, and Dōtonbori is the main destination for food travel in Osaka. It is always featured in guidebooks for both foreign and domestic tourists.
                          Just walk around and see what takes your fancy! It's pretty obvious from some restaurants what food is offered inside, e.g. Kani Doraku which is not expensive (at least for lunch when I went).

Comment

• I'll be flying IAD-FCO-SIN and SIN-LHR-IAD on UA and SQ!

Comment

• We will be spending both X'mas and New Year in HK.
                              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

• There's no snow in Hokkaido!

None of the resorts are open so I'm in the midst of planning an alternate itinerary.

Probably shorter stay in Hokkaido & longer one in Osaka...

Comment

Working...
                                X