Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any SQTalkers in London and Zurich this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGK
    replied
    Lunch was at an Italian restaurant. As jhm puts it in his text message to me: Lugano is nice - Italian language and food with Swiss efficiency.

Well, the food is good. But the waiter is more Italian style of serving, not like our waiter at the Zurich lunch.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    We went to Piazza de la reforma and had lunch there.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    As always, we can not get away from the birds, not golden bird exactly.

And also Swiss architectures as well as the cobblestone alleys are very interesting.

Last edited by CGK; 25 September 2007, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    The train station is up in the hill. To save energy, we found the way to go down faster for 1.10 Swiss Francs.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    A very short trip to Lugano

I was supposed to go to Geneva, but decided to change the trip down south to Lugano. We took the train, and here are some of the pictures along the way. Some mountains have snow up there!

Leave a comment:

• MovieMan
    replied
    Great pictures, everyone! Thanks for sharing and glad to hear you were able to get together on such short notice . It looks like everyone had/is having a great time. I'm jealous! Not to mention hungry!

Leave a comment:

• SQFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by CGK View Post
    And we had an Italian gelato.
    ..and it was a huge one too. Looked like a very nice place.

Last edited by SQFAN; 25 September 2007, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Greetings from Lake Lugano. LukeGT, we are only one hour from you. We waved from the top of Monte San Salvatore! And we had an Italian gelato.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Gruezi!

Great pics! I so wish I was there - and thanks for the call guys made up a little for it

XXX
    Only little? You know how much to call from a train in Swiss Francs? But indeed it was a pleasure to know that you are jealous of our fun in London and Zurich.

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Gruezi!

Great pics! I so wish I was there - and thanks for the call guys made up a little for it

XXX

Leave a comment:

• nickbot
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    ...Shhh, nickbot: don't disturb the food photographer when he's busy at work...
    I'm confused might that be the moment that all my backed up texts got delivered to CGK's phone?! He he!

Great pics all - Zurich looks lovely! Wonderful to see a few of the party at the start of the weekend - happy and safe travels to all.

CGK, jjpb3, taipeiflyer glad to report that the Tumi arrived safely back in Nottingham despite a critically overcrowded train...now I just have to perfect the action of lifting it whilst rolling up kerbs to avoid scratching

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    jjpb3 what kind of bag is that? Looks like it might be able to fit my tiny Sony Laptop.
    It's a nylon shoulder bag (rectangular shape with a zippered main compartment, an inside zipped pocket, and outside zipped pocket) made by Prada. My Vaio TX57GN just about fits in its length. It's very light and squishable, so I tend to keep it inside the one carryon people are currently allowed when departing from LHR, and then put my passport, BP and a book inside once I pass through security. Handy as a daybag too, as you can see.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 24 September 2007, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    Here's one of jjpb3 checking (actually making a quick escape) from the local lingerie shop after discovering there were no Blue Kebaya for sale. Nearby, I spied Sir I showing off his talent.

jjpb3 what kind of bag is that? Looks like it might be able to fit my tiny Sony Laptop.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Stunning pics, and lovely accounts - thanks for letting us enjoy the gathering vicariously.

Aye, aye - Sir I!

Leave a comment:

• SQFAN
    replied
    Upon getting on the ZRH airport concourse, we found many security recording devices in place, as expected in light of current security environment. Here's how ZRH filmed pax coming up the escalators.

Soon it was time to travel on the COW TRAIN. Moooooo...Yodeldeeedoooo

as we bid bye for now to ZRH. We'll return....

To Sir I and SQTalkers: jhm , phaleesy, jjpb3 and CGK, I had a fab time. Thanks guys. Sir I - much appreciated your kind gesture for the two items.
    Last edited by SQFAN; 24 September 2007, 03:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X