• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We earned these!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
      We earned these!

Reminded me of the ones the girls used to get at New Orleans Burbourn Street in exchange for doing 'something' . What did you have to do to earn them?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
        Reminded me of the ones the girls used to get at New Orleans Burbourn Street in exchange for doing 'something' . What did you have to do to earn them?
        You have to specify which girl in question.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
          You have to specify which girl in question.

Hmm, I dare not.
          Is #2 jjpb3?
          Is #3 studmuffin?

Are my guesses correct?

Comment

• Ask directly to the girl in question! I am too shy to dish out what the three of them did to earn those!

Comment

• HAPPY NEW YEAR

It was started at the Lounge Meet thread. QSG and SQFAN would be flying out of SIN on January 2. Through PMs, we tried to coordinate the time and where to meet for a drink or two. I decided to join the same flight as SQFAN on SQ638. And we all agreed to meet in departure hall near the First Class Check-In Lounge.

Approaching end of the year 2007, we got the message that QSG would not be able to travel for an unfortunate event (Note: Hope everything will back to normal soon.) In the mean time, I had ask others to meet at Changi, and to meet QSG, even for a short period of time since I only had about 2 or 3 hours at the most in Changi.

Yesterday, arriving at SIN from FRA, I went to drop my rollabag at left luggage near the Duty Free. Went to clear immigration. Picked up another bag that left at the storage outside. Went up to Starbucks to buy some souvenirs, and went to the post office to mail a pajama and other stuff. Was not my day. Everything was slow and SQFAN had been looking for me. Alas, my cellphone was almost dead as well.

At the end, I was an hour late, and were surprised seeing SQFAN and other SQTalk friends. After checking-in my bags at F counter, we met at Soup Restaurant. And yes, here what you missed QSG. But definitely, because we were thinking of the meet first time, and even though you had to cancel, at least I can do is to show you the pictures of the gathering. A happy new year to you, QSG, and to all SQTalkers.

Sailaway75 as always, is super dupper busy guy.

Properly using a mother of pearl spoon in serving caviar.

Comment

• And, for the food picture lovers, here what we ordered from the Soup restaurant.

Once again, wish you all a very happy new year. Happy travel...

Last edited by SQ LPP; 25 January 2008, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• I've never been to the Soup restaurant but had the impression that it's a Chinese place. How did caviar and blinis come into the picture?

Comment

• Well, you have to attend the gathering in Singapore. I do like the Soup restaurant which has the branch at the airport. So convenient. When is your next trip?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      Well, you have to attend the gathering in Singapore. I do like the Soup restaurant which has the branch at the airport. So convenient. When is your next trip?
                      Would be leaving LHR on 25 Jan. In SIN 26 to 30/31st Jan. Back in SIN from 11th to 13th Feb (unconfirmed as yet).

Comment

• Perhaps you should propose a SOUP restaurant DO!

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                          How did caviar and blinis come into the picture?
                          Would love to pose you a question... do you think I have "caviar"-look? The reason I asked is that when I was at ZRH, I stopped by the Caviar House shop. There were about 6 other who came into the shop. The lady greeted everyone, but she approached me and apologized that the "traditional" were run out.

Comment

Well, you have to attend the gathering in Singapore. I do like the Soup restaurant which has the branch at the airport. So convenient. When is your next trip?
                            So do they sell tins of caviar there? It's always a nice snack for long flights.
                            Unless one of you brought the caviar.
                            Last edited by KeithMEL; 4 January 2008, 02:18 PM.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              So do they sell tins of caviar there? It's always a nice snack for long flights.
                              Yes, tins of caviar are sold there.
                              You do have a knack of tasty snack. But I have never seen anyone on board having caviar snack other than what the airline served!

Comment

Yes, tins of caviar are sold there.
                                You do have a knack of tasty snack. But I have never seen anyone on board having caviar snack other than what the airline served!
                                I don't fly in F all that much. Plus not that many airlines serve caviar.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X