Ah, that network of SQTalk friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Villandry - London - 11 November 2007

I know SQFAN has posted his pics collection. But the memory of great times we had never gone. Here we go again.

What's that in the yellow plastic bag? Doest not match with the atmosphere, does it eh? A special one for SQFAN I believe.

I still remember that the waiter loves jjpb3 more. He got more meats in the salad than in mine which shown below.

And here is the salad for HRH jjpb3

Someone was hungry for foie gras

And this starter looks so meaty and yummy...

Unfortunately, the soup picture is blurry...

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post

I still remember that the waiter loves jjpb3 more. He got more meats in the salad than in mine which shown below.
      [
      That's a fit waiter. You boys must have enjoyed yourselves.

I was working only a few metres down the road from Villandry that Sunday!

Comment

The duck confit was excellent. But after complaining about little meat in my sald, I could not even finish the duck. But again, may be because I tried first time steak tartare which made jjpb3 converted...

A very short period of time, but looks like all my friends are happy. Utensils fight anyone?

Of course, not to forget, to keep up with the good on-time arrival time at the destination, in addition to the never missed London experience, taking London cab is a must.

Let's do it again soon guys! Again, if you are in London, it is a must (*) to have drinks and meals with HRH jjpb3 as well as taking cab and tube along with him.

(*) Note: It was suggested as well previously in this post.
        Last edited by CGK; 16 November 2007, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          That's a fit waiter. You boys must have enjoyed yourselves.

Wow it's too bad we missed you in your home town. I did sms jhm from Geneva but looked like there was big problems with my Canadian cell provider, i.e. noone had gotten my messages properly.

Comment

SQFAN, please provide captions for your Italian dishes. They look yummy and I'm curious what some of them are.

Did you eat this raw?

Is this duck?

What is this? Is it the feet of a pig?
            I had something which looked similar to this in Spain. The texture was squidgy. I found out a few weeks later that it was pig's feet.
            Last edited by phaleesy; 16 November 2007, 03:21 AM.

Comment

What's that in the yellow plastic bag? Doest not match with the atmosphere, does it eh? A special one for SQFAN I believe.
              ..in exchange for that tacky looking orange plastic bag. BTW, it's all gone by Tue morning. Burp!

Comment

Gosh, assumed you were with jhm. Give us a bell the next time.

Comment

SQFAN, please provide captions for your Italian dishes. They look yummy and I'm curious what some of them are.

Did you eat this raw?

Is this duck?

What is this? Is it the feet of a pig? I had something which looked similar to this in Spain. The texture was squidgy. I found out a few weeks later that it was pig's feet.
                  Two wrong out of three guesses, I'm afraid. BTW, I've updated my post #42 with description.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                    ..in exchange for that tacky looking orange plastic bag. BTW, it's all gone by Tue morning. Burp!
                    Well, I am sure next time we can have another special delivery all the way from the otehr side of the world.
                    Hey, will you be in London November 24? Or are you doing a mileage run?

Comment

Well, I am sure next time we can have another special delivery all the way from the otehr side of the world.
                      Heh heh heh...should start an import-export business.

Hey, will you be in London November 24? Or are you doing a mileage run?
                      Afraid not. I will be 6761 miles away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                        Afraid not. I will be 6761 miles away from you.
                        Hmm you will have good food everyday... Looks like noone will be in London that weekend. Where else to go for dot dot dots?

Comment

Hmm you will have good food everyday... Looks like noone will be in London that weekend. Where else to go for dot dot dots?
                          Only 2 days of food and trying a new product for me. Should be fun. Had I known earlier, I would have been in London that weekend.

Comment

Hmmm may be I should do my research again for my mileage run to get 125K on UA... But the problem is I can not leave till Friday afternoon, thus arriving SIN Sunday midnight...

Comment

CGK,

Your Duck confit looks like a "cassoulet" which is typical in south ouest of France.

Enjoy french food

Laurent

The duck confit was excellent. But after complaining about little meat in my sald, I could not even finish the duck. But again, may be because I tried first time steak tartare which made jjpb3 converted...

A very short period of time, but looks like all my friends are happy. Utensils fight anyone?

Of course, not to forget, to keep up with the good on-time arrival time at the destination, in addition to the never missed London experience, taking London cab is a must.

Let's do it again soon guys! Again, if you are in London, it is a must (*) to have drinks and meals with HRH jjpb3 as well as taking cab and tube along with him.

(*) Note: It was suggested as well previously in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ333 View Post
                                CGK,

Your Duck confit looks like a "cassoulet" which is typical in south ouest of France.

Enjoy french food

Laurent
                                Yup it was cassoulet. I think CGK was too traumatized by the amount of ham in his ham hock salad to have remembered correctly.
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X