Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As there seems to be an awful lot of SQTalkers on MH flights for some strange reason recently..., I may as well add my transit through KUL this weekend:

8 JUNE
    SGN Whatever lounge MH use...
    15.30 - 16.30

8 JUNE
    KUL MH Golden Lounge / Rimbun Lounge (just to annoy me even more about our crap SKL's...)
    20.00 - 23-30

9 JUNE
    AMS KL Lounge(s)
    06.30 - 10.00

Comment

• Here's a first...

Now this doesn't come often, as we're normally on the (very grateful) receiving end of lounge invites from other kind SQTalkers, but mrs nickbot and I will be in the following lounges and are happy to help with access where permitted to put a little something back into the community

19th June
      FRA FCL (not entirely sure which one, but happy to guest in as appropriate and happy to meander round FRA checking out other lounges as we have plenty of time)
      circa 09:00 - 13:00 nickbot and mrs nickbot happy to assist

5th July
      BKK new SKL and/or TG F
      circa 09:00 - 11:00 nickbot and mrs nickbot happy to assist

6th July
      SIN SKL F T3
      circa 10:00 - 12:30 nickbot and mrs nickbot happy to assist
      Last edited by nickbot; 6 June 2008, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
        Now this doesn't come often, as we're normally on the (very grateful) receiving end of lounge invites from other kind SQTalkers, but mrs nickbot and I will be in the following lounges and are happy to help with access where permitted to put a little something back into the community

19th June
        FRA FCL (not entirely sure which one, but happy to guest in as appropriate and happy to meander round FRA checking out other lounges as we have plenty of time)
        circa 09:00 - 13:00 nickbot and mrs nickbot happy to assist
        The one place to go which is good is the FCL in Schengen area near Gate A26 (if I remember correctly). It's better than the one above Terminal B since the shower area is in the Business Lounge.

And of course, my suggestion would be to go the FCL mentioned above after your flight from ARN. Then move to FCT. You can have the guest at FCT as long as the guest is taking the same flight to your destination.

I am not sure whether it's worth to check other lounges.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          The one place to go which is good is the FCL in Schengen area near Gate A26 (if I remember correctly). It's better than the one above Terminal B since the shower area is in the Business Lounge.

And of course, my suggestion would be to go the FCL mentioned above after your flight from ARN. Then move to FCT. You can have the guest at FCT as long as the guest is taking the same flight to your destination.

I am not sure whether it's worth to check other lounges.
          Thanks for the tips SQ LPP I kind of meant that I'd be happy to go to a different FCL if it was convenient for a guest. The tip re. showers is most useful, as we'll be keen to get refreshed after overnighting at ARN.

Comment

You remember correctly, actually just walk past the SEN / BIZ lounge at A26 and go upstairs (escalator) towards the A5x - 60 gates area for US flights. Get off the escalator and make an immediate right turn. The FCL is basically above the SEN lounge.

Cheers ...

Comment

• Okay after last time plans were changed by my bosses last minute I hope those dates / times will remain unchanged for this time. Apologies SQ LPP for ditching you last minute - ups

07JUN SIN PL 2245 2315 demue (T3 - going on SQ26)
              08JUN FRA SEN 0700 1015 demue (lounge close to gate A26)
              11JUN MUC SEN 1730 2030 demue (Schengen - btw. G & H gates IIRC)
              12JUN BUD *GL 1745 1815 demue
              12JUN FRA SEN 2045 2115 demue (lounge close to gate A26)
              13JUN LHR SEN 1830 1930 demue (Terminal 2 near gate 3)
              15JUN FRA SEN 0945 1015 demue (not sure which - going to DME)
              19JUN DME *GL 1300 1400 demue
              19JUN FRA SEN 1600 2100 demue (lounge close to gate B42 - going on SQ325)

Comment

• I am getting used to be ditched!
                Anyhow, it seems I will miss you again in FRA. Here is my new visit.

11 JUN
                ZRH LX F Lounge
                05:45 - 06:30 SQ LPP (willing to help access)

11 JUN
                FRA LH FCL or SEN (depending on the Gate for LH400 to JFK)
                08:45 - 10:00 SQ LPP (willing to help access)

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                  15JUN FRA SEN 0945 1015 demue (not sure which - going to DME)
                  Will miss you by a day...

14JUN
                  FRA SEN lounge - don't know which one, flying AZ to FCO
                  1000 - 1100 Savage25

Comment

• At the PEK International F lounge now I didn't expect to get an F lounge invitation. I can still guest 2 more in for the next hour

Comment

• Well, I just booked my first ever award redemption SIN - TPE on Y saver. Not sure if anyone will be keen to meet up but I only have access to Priority Pass lounges, as insignificant as those may be (but more than willing to be helped into any *A if anyone else has access during similar times):

20th June
                      SIN Ambassador Lounge T3 (Don't intend to do Plaza Premium, but also can consider any Priority Pass lounge accessible in T2 or T1)

06:45 - 08:00 happy to assist / be assisted

23rd June
                      TPE More Premium Lounge T2 (Will have to search if it's even worth accessing)

17:00 - 18:00 happy to assist / be assisted

Comment

• I was happy that I don't need to pull my card out for entering SKL F at T2 yesterday.

Comment

I was happy that I don't need to pull my card out for entering SKL F at T2 yesterday.
                          At SIN? I'd be shocked if you ever needed to.

Comment

I was happy that I don't need to pull my card out for entering SKL F at T2 yesterday.
                            Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                            At SIN? I'd be shocked if you ever needed to.
                            SQ LPP as you said previously in another thread: "Your name and your face is THE CARD."

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                              SQ LPP as you said previously in another thread: "Your name and your face is THE CARD."
                              Yeah, I constantly carry / use a picture of SQ LPP to gain access to the lounges.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                                Yeah, I constantly carry / use a picture of SQ LPP to gain access to the lounges.
                                Not a bad plan,...just say "I know this man" and they're sure to let you in!

Actually, that's partially based on truth - last year, when mrs nickbot, SQ LPP, upright man and I flew from LHR-SIN, SQ LPP lost his luggage, so mrs nickbot and I went to the SKL without him. When we got to the door, the lounge dragon looked at our Y BPs and was about to tell us we couldn't enter, but I said:

"We're travelling with Mr. SQ LPP"

...to which she queried...

"Is Mr. SQ LPP travelling today?"

Me: "Yes he is"

Lounge Dragon: "...Ah ok, no problem sir, please come in!"

It's to be noted that this was during the crazy period of SQ LPP's LPP run, when he was at the SIN SKL probably more frequently than the lounge staff themselves!
                                Last edited by nickbot; 9 June 2008, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X