This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
    Yes, that accurately captures how my mood will be. And since it's daytime, unlikely I'll be able to meet up with any friends during that 4-hour transit. I'll just be stuck there in that horrible place (namely: TBIT) for hours on end.
    Hmm 4 hours is more than enough to have a date and dot dot dot. Should find a host living near LAX.
    Okay, you can go to that bar and restaurant high above the parking lot (forgot the name. I was there with peter11, MovieMan and cawhite.) Or else take one of the shuttle, and go to In-Out Burgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
      Hmm 4 hours is more than enough to have a date and dot dot dot. Should find a host living near LAX.
      Okay, you can go to that bar and restaurant high above the parking lot (forgot the name. I was there with peter11, MovieMan and cawhite.) Or else take one of the shuttle, and go to In-Out Burgers.
      I think the Theme Restaurant, as it is known, in the funny building that is a symbol of LAX, is closed for renovations. But In'n'Out Burger might be a fun idea. Not for a burger, but to do some plane spotting. I haven't really done that much, but I do enjoy seeing all the birds. So with this kind of time, why not?

Comment

• 02 AUG
        LHR SKL J / VSCH
        0900-1100 SQFAN - Willing to assist

03 AUG
        SIN SKL F
        0800-1000 SQFAN - Willing to assist

04 AUG
        SIN SKL F
        0730-0800 SQFAN - Willing to assist

07 AUG
        TPE SKL
        0630-0700 SQFAN - Willing to assist

08 AUG
        SIN SKL F
        0900-1000 SQFAN - Willing to assist

12 AUG
        SIN SKL F
        2100-2300 SQFAN - Willing to assist

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          03 AUG
          SIN SKL F
          0800-1000 SQFAN - Willing to assist
          Will miss you by two days.
          I guess you are not going to KUL...

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
          I think the Theme Restaurant, as it is known, in the funny building that is a symbol of LAX, is closed for renovations.
          Is it named Encounters?

Comment

• First time doing this and very new around here....

22JUL07

SIN SKL C/F
            0700-0900 eawtan - Willing to assist

ICN SKL C/F
            SQ16 on abovementioned date - Willing to assist

Comment

• The *Alliance LAX F and J Class lounges supposedly open today. If the non-alligned lounge opens by late August, I'll be able to take my Sudoku to a proper lounge prior to departing on CI on August 30th. Here's hoping.

Comment

• Rumor in the OW forum on TOF is "by year-end." LA World Airports is showing construction planned through "September 2007," so it looks like I'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

• MegatopLover, just savor the anticipation of Sudoku, mmmkay?

(Or think ahead to the fun times in Asia. )
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• hon2: 18.AUG 07 SIN SKL F willing to assist
                    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

• I am also new to the SQ forum... but am a long time FT poster.. I will be in SQ lounge on AUGUST 10 from 8:30PM until my SQ 638 flight to NRT about 11:30 PM. Anyone interested in meeting? I will be on F class side...

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, RTW4!

Comment

• 24JUL07

SIN SKL F
                          0630-0730 SuperJonJon - Willing to assist

Comment

• Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                            I think the Theme Restaurant, as it is known, in the funny building that is a symbol of LAX, is closed for renovations. But In'n'Out Burger might be a fun idea. Not for a burger, but to do some plane spotting. I haven't really done that much, but I do enjoy seeing all the birds. So with this kind of time, why not?
                            forget in n' out.... the hands down best place to grab a burger in LA is the counter on ocean park and 29th in santa monica... puts in n' out to shame (i never thought i would say that, but it's true). plus, they have banana and peanut butter milkshakes that will blow your mind.... save room for mine and StarG's favorite- Pinkberry's... closest one to the counter i believe is at sawtelle and olympic. that is a great way to spend 4 hours in LA... although I still have not figured out what dot dot dot is, so i might be wrong. =)

Comment

• Hello everyone, I know... I have checked the list already, but is there any chance somebody will be able to help with access on wednesday 25th July?

I am off to FRA with SQ326 leaving SIN at 13:50 - will probably arrive at the airport between 10:45 and 11:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                                forget in n' out.... the hands down best place to grab a burger in LA is the counter on ocean park and 29th in santa monica... puts in n' out to shame (i never thought i would say that, but it's true). plus, they have banana and peanut butter milkshakes that will blow your mind.... save room for mine and StarG's favorite- Pinkberry's... closest one to the counter i believe is at sawtelle and olympic. that is a great way to spend 4 hours in LA... although I still have not figured out what dot dot dot is, so i might be wrong. =)
                                i forgot to mention an ancillary benefit of the counter which is of utmost importance to SQTalkers. The place has windows on rails, which can fully slide up into the ceiling, so grab a seat closest to the window and on sunny days you get completely unobstructed views of all the private planes flying into santa monica airport. second to last time i spotted a gorgeous G V. I may be mistaken, but i think i even saw kai-sheng's son piloting the aircraft... too bad i didn't have my camera.

Comment

Working...
                                X