SIN SQTalk DO with KeithMEL - 17 July !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Okay, here what I would do if I were you. Tell your parents that you want to meet these bunch of SQTalkers. Since you share the same excitement towards SQ and SQTalk, you would really appreciate if they would let you meet for dinner. Tell them where the dinner is. You give them suggestion, such as that your parents can come along, joining the dinner, or they can sit somewhere in the corner watching you while having dinner.
    Another suggestion would be asking them to contact upright man, the arranger for this gathering. You show them his pictures with the family and with other SQTalkers that were posted awhile back. If necessary, you can PM upright man to get his phone number so that your parents can arrange something or for assuring them that we are harmless... Well, I am sure as parents, they would concern about drinks and smoking or other bad habits in their view. And I am sure, having soda, or even hot tea during the dinner would be acceptable among us. (Hey, I don't always drink! )
    Again, as others have said, the company is the essence of the gathering.
    And make sure, if you go, please take lots of pictures for me to see in this thread.
    Sigh, they have reservations about it. Maybe in a few years time, when I have a little more freedom. My parents joining the dinner table? No time, not free, so on and so on... Okay, since you all have told me that I won't feel out of place at a DO, I feel better in fact.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    WSSS, just want to assure you that the people here are easy going and that you DON'T have to drink or be of a certain type to be welcomed. We just ask that you love SQ.

We do usually have a meal and/or drinks thereafter but one does not need to feel they have to do both to feel accepted. There have been times where I've just had dinner with the folks and not had drinks later. We've even had loads of SugarCane drinks at Changi Village during lunch once.

As CGK suggested, do let your parents have the tel# of upright man or any of us. I could always drop you off back home after dinner.
    Of course I love SQ a lot. I always fly with them when travelling, do you see me hopping to Traitor Air or Emirates? No. Not even to *A partners, though I hope to go long-haul so I can try other *A carriers intra-US or intra-Europe. I see, loads of sugarcane juice. Did you all feel uncomfortable after those loads?

If such an event was held during the day (weekends though ), I can make it. If our travel itienaries clashes, I hope to see one of you guys at the lounges or anywhere in the airport.
    Last edited by WSSS; 26 June 2007, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Great to see everyone encouraging you to come, WSSS,
      but I understand your parents' concerns. So maybe next time we'll plan
      a more casual coffee shop DO in the afternoon maybe ?

Have updated the attendee list to include StarG - any more names I need to update ?
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

since i had to cancel my trip to bali this past weekend due to a small emergency, i'm thinking me and my significant other should reschedule for mid-july and enjoy the company of some other FT'ers at the same time- that would make for one heck of a trip. so put me down as a "probable." things are never set in stone due to work, but i'm liking my chances right now. hope to see you all.

Comment

Neat - hope you can make it, taipeiflyer.

There are also 2 other DOs (LON and KUL) going on at around the same time if you really want "one heck of a trip."

edited to add - Whoops hope I didn't convey the wrong message! I didn't mean 'neat' in reference to ** cancellation of the Bali trip due to the emergency. Hopefully all is well now. Happy that you might be able to make it though.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 June 2007, 01:04 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            if you really want "one heck of a trip."
            Oh yeah.... hope you can make it Taipeiflyer

Comment

Sorry to hear you can't make Bali but if you can make it to SIN, we most certainly welcome you!

Comment

Yeah hope to see you in SIN, taiperflyer.

Comment

Uh oh, Tumiholics are meeting up.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

thanks so much to everyone. I look forward to being in the presence of such distinguished SQ luminaries. It will truly make for THE highlight among many of my special singapore air memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Sorry to hear you can't make Bali but if you can make it to SIN, we most certainly welcome you!
                      Yes, Bali will always be there, it can wait ! (just joking).

Have put you and your SO down as 'probables', Taipeiflyer !
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• I've also updated the restaurant and New Asia bar location at the start of this thread, to avoid confusion. Also note the phone number to call if anyone can't find the places : 6431 6156.
                        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• thanks for the add and info upright man!

Comment

• Looks like the planning moves on nicely here guys! Hope you all have great fun there. Again, I can't make it this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kai-Sheng View Post
                              My flight lands in Changi at 2300I'll be Sounds like fun meeting some new faces
                              Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              Mine lands at 2240. What is your flight number and where are you coming from? I'll wait for you if you want. That way the gang can meet you
                              So - how bout it, Kai-Sheng?
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                                So - how bout it, Kai-Sheng?
                                Surely you can spare some time from your busy business schedule, from your Kids to come to a SIN DO. Besides, I hear SIN's a great place to buy cameras too.

Incidentally, where are you coming in from? and what flight number? I'll have a buggy wait for you. PM me your PNR number and the angels will be more than happy to oblige.

Comment

Working...
                                X