Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    how not to speak Cantonese ),
    Speaking of which, a HKG do sometime soon?

We can go to that place Keith recommended. What was it called again?

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
      Nice Pics....Looks like it was really fun ......Sad could not make it to KUL...But SQFG...make it for sept Do in melb hehehehe...
      Yes, will try to make it for then

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      Loving the pics SQFG - makes me very jealous of you guys,....looks like a really fun DO

With all this talk of biceps however, I think I'd be put to shame by the SQTalk resident "Muscle Man" (I thought he was supposed to be shy, naieve and innocent?!?! )
      It was indeed fun. People say the damndest things when there's too little blood in their alcoholstream

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        It was indeed fun. People say the damndest things when there's too little blood in their alcoholstream

Hey I get by okay with the locals in HKG, and that's not by speaking English either.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post

not by speaking English either.
          You mean Keithtonese?

Comment

Speaking of which, a HKG do sometime soon?
            There's a date in mind (very soon!) but waiting for CGK to confirm!

We can go to that place Keith recommended. What was it called again?
            That place Keith recommended is a bit rude!

Originally posted by KeithMEL
            Hey I get by okay with the locals in HKG, and that's not by speaking English either.
            This reminds me of those Hong Kong serials I used to watch as a kid where the westerners (invariably the bad guys - some prejudice there I think...) would have an awful Cantonese accent!

(Currently waiting in the Traitors lounge at KUL.)

Comment

I'll cease digging the already-too-deep hole.

Just got home - thanks again everyone for the awesome weekend!
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                I'll cease digging the already-too-deep hole.
                As with most service industries that are worth their salt, we'll continue digging for you

Comment

Wow, the DO looks fun. It was a shame that I missed it.

Comment

Glad y'all had an ab fab time. Thanks for sharing the pics

Comment

Goodness, I take some time off to travel after the Do, and I return to see that a wholly undeserved (and therefore ironic) nickname has been attached to me.

Despite that , I'll concede that the Do was great fun. Thanks to SQfg for being the most gracious hostess, and of course to the SQTalk gang for making it easy to laugh at the distance from my home to the Do.

Here are some trivia questions about the Do (I'll exclude the one about the Cantonese linguistic gymnastics, since jhm and SQfg have done us the favor of writing about it ).

Anyone care to hazard some guesses?

1. What elite privileges did StarG use to travel to the Do?

2. To which city did StarG compare KL, a comparison that did not particularly warm SQfg's heart?

3. "I'm not going to face CGK if I can't bring this to him," SQfg commented on Friday night. To what was she referring?

4. The mega-point question -- you know we had to ask this one -- CGK needed to get from CGK to KUL to attend the Do. What was his routing, and for bonus points, which airline(s) did he use for the different segments?

5. Who suggested (after learning about the answer to #4) that if CGK had a GPS device, it would need to be fixed?
                      Last edited by jjpb3; 7 August 2007, 03:51 AM.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Goodness, I take some time off to travel after the Do, and I return to see that a wholly undeserved (and therefore ironic) nickname has been attached to me.

Despite that , I'll concede that the Do was great fun. Thanks to SQfg for being the most gracious hostess, and of course to the SQTalk gang for making it easy to laugh at the distance from my home to the Do.

Here are some trivia questions about the Do (I'll exclude the one about the Cantonese linguistic gymnastics, since jhm and SQfg have done us the favor of writing about it ).

Anyone care to hazard some guesses?

1. What elite privileges did StarG use to travel to the Do?

2. To which city did StarG compare KL, a comparison that did not particularly warm SQfg's heart?

3. "I'm not going to face CGK if I can't bring this to him," SQfg commented on Friday night. To what was she referring?

4. The mega-point question -- you know we had to ask this one -- CGK needed to get from CGK to KUL to attend the Do. What was his routing, and for bonus points, which airline(s) did he use for the different segments?

5. Who suggested (after learning about the answer to #4) that if CGK had a GPS device, it would need to be fixed?

Any prizes for guessing correctly?

Comment

Any prizes for guessing correctly?
                          Participants of the 4th August 2007 KUL Do and their relatives and significant others are ineligible for the contest.

And I'll give away the six-pack of Diet Coke I didn't collect.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Participants of the 4th August 2007 KUL Do and their relatives and significant others are ineligible for the contest.

And I'll give away the six-pack of Diet Coke I didn't collect.
                            I thought so.... was worth a try anyhow

Comment

I'll have a very blunt stab in the dark with this attempt:

http://tinyurl.com/2n6b9j

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                                With all this talk of biceps however, I think I'd be put to shame by the SQTalk resident "Muscle Man" (I thought he was supposed to be shy, naieve and innocent?!?! )
                                Originally posted by jjpb3
                                Sorry to steal your thunder jjpb3, I was referring to CGK as the "new" SQTalk resident "Muscle Man" after the following pic

Originally posted by SQFlyergirl
                                Biceps galore

Comment

Working...
                                X