Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please vote for my photo (I'm not a presidential candidate!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, Phaleesy!

Comment

Winner........
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

The Telephoto and organizers were not pleased with my FB votes. Apparently, there was a 'debate' regarding my votes. I see no reason for any debate since everyone got their friends and family to vote for them. I just followed everyone else and went along with the flow!

I have learnt so much from this episode. Photography and selling one's work would need lots of self-promotion and marketing. One must have really thick skin to go out there to talk about oneself. I approached everyone I knew telling them about my photography and asking if they had a facebook account. I also got rid of two male 'friends' - one would only vote in exchange for certain 'favours', and one was 'maybe, maybe not' because I rejected him in May. I have many rude names for these idiots!

Most important point of this post - Thank you all who have 'liked' my photo!

I am indeed very grateful to everyone. You have all helped me so much! There are many SQTalkers whom I've not met and I hope to meet you somewhere one day during our travels. If you do come to the UK, do say hi.

Edit to add: For the exhibition, I had the image done as a lambda print on fuji crystal archive paper under 6mm of acrylic to give it a 3-D effect.
        Last edited by phaleesy; 1 October 2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          The Telephoto and organizers were not pleased with my FB votes. Apparently, there was a 'debate' regarding my votes. I see no reason for any debate since everyone got their friends and family to vote for them. I just followed everyone else and went along with the flow!
          Gosh, do they think you're trying to run as the president of a country or something? Who in their right mind wouldn't get their family and friends to vote???
          I also got rid of two male 'friends' - one would only vote in exchange for certain 'favours'
          Unbelievable... Just unbelievable... Not that anyone should ever have to do any 'favours' anyway, but in 'exchange' for one lousy Facebook vote?

Comment

Congratulations phaleesy, hope to see more of your photography!
            Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

<snip>
              So, does that mean you won or not? What did you win? Or is it all under debate/undecided til further notice...?

Comment

Thanks, Phaleesy for the background. Photography today is so different - today we have a genre that uses iPhone with very creative apps to give very interesting textures. One doesn't really need expensive glass and old-school technical expertise, just lots of creativity and apps to bring out a very interesting pic.

Personally, I'm the old-school "natgeo" type. Very little post-editing. All the work is at the time when the pic is taken.

Heading to London this weekend, but unfortunately the week is completely filled otherwise it would've been very interesting to listen to your experiences in photography.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  Personally, I'm the old-school "natgeo" type. Very little post-editing. All the work is at the time when the pic is taken.
                  We have something in common! I find it more satisfying to get the results you want straight from the camera.
                  Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
                    We have something in common! I find it more satisfying to get the results you want straight from the camera.
                    Add me to the club - I generally only make RAW/curves adjustments. I don't really believe in photoshopping things in or out of photos, for example.

Comment

Excellent! Glad to know that there are others with the same philosophy. I only use Picasa for some cropping and brightening and maybe turning a color pic to sepia or b/w to give some mood to the pic.

I tried learning Lightroom and PS but ... I don't find much fun in doing anything on it.

Comment

Well done, phaleesy. I couldn't be happier or prouder.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                        X