Biz Class Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biz Class Travel

I heard from a friend who is working for a smaller MNC that their travel policy has been revised downwards. Previously, J Class cabin was permitted for Managers and above and for all staff flying ten hours or more. Understand that it has been revised by the CEO to permit J Class cabin only for the CEO and Chairman.

In my previous 3 lifes:

1. 3rd life - Biz Class cabin irrespective of length of flying. For GM and above.
    2. 2nd life - All staff permitted in J Class for flying more than 5 hours.
    3. 1st life - Mileage to be given to company (but subsequently reversed) and for ten hours and above, Biz Class Travel allowed.

Present life, Biz travel if budget permits.

Just curious to know what are the policies being implemented in some other companies? Has there been a upward or downward revisions in biz travel policies?

Y class for everyone, if below 7 hours flight.
    Y-Prem class for everyone, if between 7-10 hours
    J for everyone if >10 hours.

May not necessary be SQ's J because they are so darn expensive.

Comment

At my company, with almost 100K employees, it is Y travel for all employees, except for about the top 250 executives who get J travel, and CEO has private jet.

Comment

Before Lehman, its J for 6 hours and above, airline of my own choice....... (that applies to everyone)

After Lehman, for about nearly two years as part of cost cutting measures, no J, only Y even for the Prez

Now that we are showing some black figures, we are allowed J for seven hours and above but SQ is out as its too expensive, but we will still use SQ for Y....
        Last edited by kapitan; 30 July 2011, 09:26 AM.
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Well, it is suppose to be J for travel time of 10 hours or more but individual platforms are able to set their own policies (downwards of course...).
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Previous life - J travel for director and abour. J travel for manager and below with flights more than 7 hours.

Current life - Before Lehman, same as previous life. After Lehman, only C-Staff gets J

Comment

At the whim of my CEO...

Comment

At my place it's J for everyone over 6 hours. VP and above can fly F for any distance. Lucky for me, SQ is the preferred carrier in Asia-Pacific.

Comment

For my company it is no change, Y for everyone including CEO no matter how long the flight is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    For my company it is no change, Y for everyone including CEO no matter how long the flight is.
                    is it really enforced? my company also the same... on paper everyone fly Y no matter how long. but rumors said that some people get special privilege
                    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                      is it really enforced? my company also the same... on paper everyone fly Y no matter how long. but rumors said that some people get special privilege
                      Yes it is really enforced. I have had many board members visit the overseas sites I have been managing and they ahve all been flying Y. Obviously those of us more enlighted in the ways of FF miles do upgrade whenever possible.

Comment

Same here =)

Comment

Yes it is really enforced. I have had many board members visit the overseas sites I have been managing and they ahve all been flying Y. Obviously those of us more enlighted in the ways of FF miles do upgrade whenever possible.
                          well that's good. in many company the big bosses normally falls into exception.. that's why I do not respect them. The higher you are the more you should follow the rule to set the example to the rest of people.

If your chairman flies Y, then the rest should not complain right.....

I know some company, big boss keep telling people to fly budget, but he does not fly one himself!!!
                          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            At the whim of my CEO...
                            Cos its you.....

Didn't we have a similar thread some time ago?

Anyways for us:

Intra-Asia Y
                            Beyond Asia C
                            On rare occasion like way off the beaten track places in Africa/Latin America we go to where its hard to find commercial.......chartered plane
                            Last edited by 9V-JKL; 2 August 2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

C for very senior staff
                              For ordinary mortals, Y unless >5 hrs AND senior boss approves C. Luckily, my dept has blanket approval for such flights... for now - you never know!

Comment

Working...
                              X