Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and Welcome to SQTalk - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to SQTalk, nottingham Nick !

Actually, I saw one of your posts before on Flyertalk, and wondered if you were the same person as Nickbot of Nottingham !

Nickbot : who are the other 2 SQTalkers from Nottingham ?
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• Originally posted by upright man View Post
      ...Nickbot : who are the other 2 SQTalkers from Nottingham ?
      There's desert traveller and of course Mrs nickbot (honorary member )

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
        Mrs nickbot (honorary member )
        Why isn't she a member?
        BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

• Hi all

JetE checking in. I found this board through FlyerTalk where I use the same handle, though I haven't posted there in a while.

I've been drawn to commercial aircraft since as far back as I can remember. Up until 1991 or so, my parents could only afford to put us on a return flight (SZB-PEN vv plus one PEN-HDY return trip, all on MH) once every few years. So the next best thing was to send people off at the airport, and to try and stay for as long as possible on the observation deck .

I finally scored an SQ flight in early 1992 - an SZB-SIN shuttle on an A310. It got even better in 1993 when, for the first time, I boarded a flight that was going to be in the air for longer than 50 minutes . That flight was SQ26 SIN-FRA-JFK.

Now, 14 years later, the excitement hasn't worn off. Well, I have never actually reached frequent flyer status and I'm still hoping to get there someday. Maybe I'll get there faster if I associate with the right crowd . In the meantime, I’ll continue to appreciate every opportunity to fly. I have SQ25 to look forward to in a little less than a month; it’s been over 10 years since I last stepped aboard an SQ B744.

Looking forward to talking SQ and more with you all.

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, JetE!

Comment

• Originally posted by IanDeYoung View Post
              Why isn't she a member?
              Ahhhh, she's not too internet savvy In fact, I think the exact quote is:

"I hate the internet,...it's so boring!

...needless to say, I don't exactly share her views on that one, so I'm posting for two

Comment

• Thanks jhm. Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                  There's desert traveller and of course Mrs nickbot (honorary member )
                  Lol, agreed, Mrs nickbot should be an honorary member considering how often she is featured in your trip reports !
                  J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• Aloha to all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've decided to take the plunge and join this board after lurking for several months. I am not a frequent traveler unlike most of those who post in this board but have been an SQ fan since my first flight with them on SQ62 from BKK to SIN aboard their 727 "Hightails". This flight was memorable as my sister got sick from all the champagne they served in Y then.

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, kalenska.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Nottingham Nick, JetE, and kalenska:

Welcome to SQTalk.

Comment

• Greetings all!

Just dropping by and saying hello. I'm also a longtime lurker and a fan of these boards (esp. the trip report forum!) though I could've sworn I registered much earlier. Unfortunately I haven't had the privilege of flying SQ, but I've always looked up to the quality this airline has to offer. I look forward to seeing you guys and gals around!

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, JetE, kalenska and N751PR.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk kalenska and N751PR!
                              BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

• hah, finally found the thread! My name is Flo and I am from Austria. I've been flying Singapore Airlines since I was a baby ... yeah, anyway, helllllo folks!

And here I present you a photo of me as a child in a Boeing 747-300 from VIE via ATH to SIN in the 90's! The girl next to me is my sister *click*
                                Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
                                X