Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and Welcome to SQTalk - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to SQTalk, bloob.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, bloob!

Comment

• Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Comment

• Where is my manners? I forgot to say "Welcome to SQTalk!"
          From the old,
          CGK

Comment

• Hi People!

Hello and happy flying to everyone here at "SQ Talk"

I have found you lot after reading through many of the threads posted on Flyersquawk by the eminent CGK, who l must say l have picked up a lot of super & well informed advice from (Thanks Fella )
            On the dark side l go by the brand of Jaffoz and notice a few familiar usernames over here from over there. (God that sounds like a song title)

Now, l have to be honest with yualll and fess up to the fact that i've never flown SQ.......Yet But since l have been putting a trip together for my Mum & Dad I think l am becoming a bit hooked on the idea.

I have been a long time OW/Qantas devottee but as times are a changing so is the benefit of remaining loyal & faith-full to a single piece of metal. Even being a self funded pointy end flyer, QF doesn't seem to love me like it used to. So l have decided to begin an illicit affair with a strong piece of Asian metal, who l hear welcomes you home and feeds you well, as well as giving you a smile even if you dribble your satay

I have been splurging/planning a RTW in F with SQ for Mum & Dads "fantasy trip of a lifetime" in Nov since the beginning of the year. Neither of them have ever left OZ before.
            So l have quite a few ?'s which l will try to post in the right forums over the next couple of weeks and i'm a kinda hopeing some of you lot might be able to fill in some gaps for me.

I had never really considered SQ before l started to plan this trip, so my eye's have been somewhat opened and I'm now at the point of wondering why l haven't done this before for myself.
            But thats all about to change.

I travel pretty reg, so l may run into some of you at the odd "do" in the future,
            if the time and place of the universe all matches up, fingers crossed.

My location is Townsville on the Great Barrier Reef in the tropics of North Queensland in the wonderfull land of OZ. (l followed dorothy up here and stayed)

I look forward to getting to know you all.
            Thanks for reading my rant.

May u all Turn Left Soon

Cheers,
            Colin.............

Comment

• A warm welcome to you Colin.
              My SQ A380 photos

Comment

• Welcome to our community, TL TY (a k a Colin).

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, TurnLeft ThankYou!.
                  Thank you for the kind words. Need that for my Sunday rainy day here. But hope you read the good and proper post by me, not the evil one! (Yeah, recently I have a new status .)
                  I can't wait the discussion for your mom and dad RTW trip. It will help as a remedy for some withdrawal symptoms here among us.
                  Something that keep me thinking about your name, TurnLeft ThankYou!, remembering all my SQ flights, your name would mean 1L door turn left:
                  - in 744, F cabin
                  - in 77W, cockpit
                  - in 777-200ER, cockpit
                  - in 777-200, cockpit
                  - in 777-300, cockpit
                  - in A345, cockpit

I see that pilots always get in F on SQ 744. Thus my hunch is that you are a pilot. Wow, soon I will have DAPOUG2PL fulfilled.

Once again, WELCOME...

Comment

• Well, I think I should finally introduce myself. I've had this account for some time now, but 'cause I haven't shown too much activity in this forum I don't think many would have realised...

How on earth did I come here? Well, I stumbled into one of your food threads in the german aviation forum Crewlounge
                    http://68180.rapidforum.com/ (OK, that's it for ads )
                    I enjoy my rare flights on SQ, especially since I got the hornour of testing different European & Australian LoCo carriers

Now two facts, one (supposedly) good and one (supposedly) bad:
                    -As long as I can remember I haven't flown traitor air (though I can't account for my very early years)

-But I'd love to try (just for comparison )
                    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

• We're glad you introduced yourself, up and away. A warm welcome, and we hope to hear more from you.

(P.S. Since we welcome any travel-related insights, we're more than happy to have you do a reconnaisance trip on Traitor Air and report back on what you found. )

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        (P.S. Since we welcome any travel-related insights, we're more than happy to have you do a reconnaisance trip on Traitor Air and report back on what you found. )

jjpb3, you never asked me to try traitors air with their new F.

I guess you are afraid that I would be biased or would be a newborn one.

And of course the very warmest welcome for up and away. I always love something in Germany!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post

jjpb3, you never asked me to try traitors air with their new F.
                          We do have pictures about you in the wrong F class. But we also figured you'd want to enjoy godlike treatment from your favorite airline, so it wasn't worth it to try to coax you onto Traitor Air New F.

Comment

We do have pictures about you in the wrong F class. But we also figured you'd want to enjoy godlike treatment from your favorite airline, so it wasn't worth it to try to coax you onto Traitor Air New F.
                            Definitely the god-like-treatment airlines doesn't care about me! No new card received yet. Almost 4 weeks, even after being requested to be set speedy!
                            Thus, it is interesting to experience what's out there. Especially, I don't think I will be part of the inaugural A380.
                            Which routes are served with new seats in C or F in traitors air?

Comment

Well, if someone happened to have to many miles (and to be able to make both my parents & the German school authorities believe that I don't have to go to school ), I could do this very soon...

If not, I'll have to wait for some time... but I can wait
                              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, eawtan, bloob, TurnLeftThankYou!, and up and away! Glad to see y'all around.
                                Last edited by KeithMEL; 24 July 2007, 12:14 AM.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X