My Very Own SQ Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Very Own SQ Fleet

My Singapore Airlines fleet. THey are in 1:400 scale. Collecting diecast model aircraft has been my hobby for a few years now, a majority of my collection are CX and SQ. But of course, I still have a large range of other airlines. So here it is, my "small" Singapore Airlines fleet. It is still far from completion as I am still missing A LOT of planes such as: Boeing 747-200/300s. B747-400 9V-SPP "Star Alliance" livery, B747-400 9V-SMZ "50th Anniversary" livery, B777-200ER Old Colors(Non-Billboard Titles), B777-200ER 9V-SQA "50th Anniversary", A340-500 Old Colors(Non-Billboard Titles, and the B777-300(Non-billboard, the Billboard livery hasn't been made yet as a model). That's pretty much everything missing I could think of, might be still missing a few.

None of these models are the one found at KrisShop, I think they currently only have the B747-400 and A340-500 in 1:400. The KrisShop's B747-400 model's quality is subpar comparing with the ones I have. Their A340-500 however, is superb and is in the Non-Billboard livery. But I don't have that.

Enjoy the pictures, I'll start off with the A380s:

9V-SKA

9V-SKB

9V-SKC

9V-SKD

Among the 4 A380s here, only 9V-SKA is the unique one. If you've noticed, it is the only one with the SQ logo on the engines and the "Singapore Airlines" titles are placed slightly further back from the other ones. SQ removed the logos on 9V-SKA's engines shortly after it was delivered(If I recall correctly).

The Megatops!
    [IMG]http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af265/Jaller828
    /IMG_4495.jpg[/IMG]
    9V-SPQ

9V-SMT

9V-SMC

9V-SPG. "Sarong party Girl". What a great registration, and she is sorely missed.

Out of the four 747s, 9V-SPQ obviously has the billboard titles. 9V-SMC and SMT are identical. "Sarong Party Girl" is the same too except that she doesn't have the "Megatop" wordings.

More to follow...

The A330, 9V-STA

The Tripple-Sevens! Two B777-300ERs and One B777-200ER

9V-SWD

9V-SWH

9V-SQH

The only difference between the 2 77Ws is that 9V-SWH has the SQ logos on its engines while SWD does not. While 9V-SQH is just an ordinary 777-200ER in Billboard colors!

The Tropical Megatops! 9V-SPL is now converted to cargo and is flying for Cathay. While the other one... we should all know what happened.

9V-SPK. A controversial model. Some people slammed the manufacterer for producing an airplane that crashed. They said that it was disrespectful for the lives lost, the airline and the aviation industry.

9V-SPL

Comment

The SIA 340s. Two A343s and one 345.

9V-SJB

9V-SJJ

9V-SGD

The two A343s "celester" are identical. While 9V-SGD is the only SQ 345 i've got, still don't have the one in the old colors.

All together!

So that's it, thanks for looking!

On the side note, I've got something to ask. Regarding to 9V-SPK, if you were a diecast collector, would you buy this model? Some collectors I've seen only got SPL and passed SPK because it was a "bad taste".

Comment

post deleted
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Sweet collection!!
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Wow some collection thanks for sharing. Do you plane to get a Singapore Airlines Cargo 747-400F?

Comment

wow..... i am so impress....... lost of words for a while...... nice collection!!
              visit my blog

Comment

Hi Kimi,
                I am going to Singapore next week then to Shanghai, could you recommend any model shops in Singapore that sells 1:400 scale models? I am also a collector. I will upload my collections later on.

Thanks in advance.

Unlike Kimi, my collection is mainly on QF

For my other planes - My Plane Collections
                Last edited by StrataCruiser; 23 May 2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X