Login Timeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Timeout

Is there any way to increase the time limit before vBulletin logs you out?

Thanks.
    HUGE AL

Try clicking on 'Remember Me.'
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      Try clicking on 'Remember Me.'
      Yeah, I thought about that. But I'd rather see the new posts in bold when I log in... When you use "remember me," there is a bit of an overlap...

The timeout on FT is much longer...just seeing if it was possible for here...

No worries if not...
      HUGE AL

Comment

HUGE AL.... sorry. i didn't understand your speech about new posts?
        Plase could you explain me better ?
        thank you
        luke
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Hey Luke,

Basically, when you go into one of the sections, the threads with new posts since your last login are in bold and once you read them, will change to regular text. If a timeout occurs and you log back in, all posts will be changed to regular text (unless someone just posted).

Changing the timeout to be longer just makes it a bit easier to grab the posts you haven't read since the last time you logged in.

Thanks for your help.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Huge AL.
            That's what happens on FT.
            Here on SQTalk, unread posts remain in bold (aka unread) until you read them (safe of the case you click on MARK FORUMS READ... in this case all threads are changed to regular text).

BTW, i suggest u to use the NEW POSTS button from the horizontal menu in the upper part of the site (just below the logo).
            This will allow you to list all the threads u've never read and (if it's the case) the threads updated from your last login.

Please try
            Last edited by LukeGT; 1 August 2007, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
              Here on SQTalk, unread posts remain in bold (aka unread) until you read them (safe of the case you click on MAR FORUMS READ... in this case all threads are changed to regular text).
              I like this feature very much as sometimes I have time to only read some threads..
              This feature allows me to know which threads I have read and which I have not on my next visits.

Comment

the same is for me, StarG

Comment

LukeGT, I have used the "New Posts" feature and customized my settings.

Though FT is similar, I was just pointing out that the Login Timeout on SQT is MUCH shorter. I do know that on FT if I walk away from the computer for 20 minutes, I'm still logged in; with SQT, I'm pretty sure the limitation is around 5 min.

Was only wondering if we could get it bumped up a bit. If not, no worries.

Thanks for all your help.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

we've increased the session timeout to 1200 secs (20 mins) from 900 secs. In the future, we'll consider another increase.
                    HUGE AL, once again thank you for your suggestion. We really appreciate your feedback!

Comment

Thanks, Luke! Much appreciated.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                      X