UBS Price & Earnings Global Purchasing Power Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBS Price & Earnings Global Purchasing Power Report

I was tipped off to a very interesting link from a friend (you can log in via Facebook to download) -

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46245467/U...-Earnings-2010

It's an update to an earlier report and I thought it was well worth a read.

Quick Facts (excluding rents):

1. OSLO, my pet favourite of a city, as everyone knows, outranks everything else.
    2. Singapore is 11th! Ouch... time to shop elsewhere...
    3. Sydney is 12th (interesting because the AUD is currently trading higher than the USD, and this was based on mid-2010 currency levels, which maybe a bit different to where they are now)
    4. Los Angeles is 17th for our LA folks...

My own observations:

Being someone that frequents KUL and BKK, I tend to compare cities / cost of items more or less on a 1:10 level when in Malaysia/Thailand. The occasional jaunt back home to Aussieland, also does make me consider when to use AUDs instead of SGDs etc...

E.g. Generally speaking, if somethings costs RM100, it'll cost THB1000 etc... and things are more or less proportionate in some areas, whereas in others they are vastly outweighed (i.e. a BKK non-AOT taxi costs far less)...

Many, many observations remain, and it'd be interesting to hear what others observe/feel matters...

It is Interesting but I think the Earnings relative to pricing should at least include rent as London for example maybe not that expensive to buy a basket of goods but throw in rent, travel etc and it would soon drop down the list.

Comment

Working...
    X