Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website to buy China HST ticket

Hello,
    I'm trying to set up a trip in China and I'm considering to use an high speed train to move out from Shanghai.
    I read a lot of informationa bout train classes (G,D,T and so on), but I have some troubles in getting a website where to buy reliably a ticket for that trip.

Has anyonw a site to recommend? And again, could it be cheaper to buy the ticket directly at the Shanghai railway station? Do they understand a little bit of english or they are completely unable to?

Thanks for any information.
    Luke
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Have you considered asking your hotel concierge to ask someone to send the tickets to wherever you're staying?

That's the easiest way I've found in China... not the cheapest, but definitely the easiest and least painful...

Comment

I presume you are thinking of getting a domestic passenger train from Shanghai to another city and not the Maglev to or from PVG ?. If it is just the latter you can buy them veru easily at either end.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
        And again, could it be cheaper to buy the ticket directly at the Shanghai railway station? Do they understand a little bit of english or they are completely unable to?
        http://www.seat61.com/China.htm#How to buy tickets

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          I presume you are thinking of getting a domestic passenger train from Shanghai to another city and not the Maglev to or from PVG ?. If it is just the latter you can buy them veru easily at either end.
          the former.
          (btw, I already took the maglev from PVG to city center)
          thx.
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
          X