Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel Landings in SFO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...o-airport.html

I hope to fly to SFO some day to witness a parallel departure/arrival. I assume this would also be an occurrence in LAX as well?
    Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

I've seen it in Changi as well. On that occasion, airspace open after the airshow flying display

Comment

It's common, but SFO runways are closer together than ideal. Base to final with an opposing aircraft onto the parallel always scared me silly at some smaller US airports. Almost like a game of chicken.

Comment

I have to say it is quite impressive when you come into SFO and there is another plane landing parallel to you
        Last edited by Lobster; 17 December 2010, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Parallel landings happen frequently at ORD and IME usually pilots make a "don't worry, we see the planes" announcement. It's fun and dramatic when one lands to the west, approaching over Lake Michigan, with the left side of the aircraft having views of the Chicago skyline. It's similar to SFO with the water under the plane close to touchdown.

Comment

Working...
          X