2018 and 2022 World Cups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 and 2022 World Cups

As it's FIFA, I'll go for the two who will be prepared to stick the most money in Swiss bank accounts, so it's Russia and Qatar. I really can't get myself bothered either way to be honest so I don't care whether we get it or not.

Having been to Qatar and a couple of World Cups, if Qatar are awarded it I'll be laughing until next week.

FIFA.

Playing soccer at 43 degrees Celsius, it's just crazy. How are they gonna air-condition a whole stadium?? I suppose it's possible but I'm hoping Korea would get 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      As it's FIFA, I'll go for the two who will be prepared to stick the most money in Swiss bank accounts, so it's Russia and Qatar.

FIFA.
      Ka-ching!
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I am predicting a 10-0 loss for Qatar in their games!

Comment

A friend went to Qatar to watch England v Brazil last year, they shut the pubs between 3pm to 5pm for prayer time...

Comment

Russia will be interesting and Qatar will no doubt have state of the art everything but the entire country is approx 1.7 million people and they expect some 400,000 for the world cup! That's some serious infrastructure upgrading to be done.
            I wonder how much the news paper and Panorama program hurt the English bid?

Comment

There's always 2026

Comment

it would've been nice if the US got it.. we really need soccer to catch on over here!

Comment

Well knock me down with a feather...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9481461.stm

FIFA members were asking for bribes to award the World Cup, the one that Qatar 'won' ?. Well I never......

Tomorrow : Titanic hits Iceberg !!.

Comment

I don't know how many of you are watching FIFA (means Farcical International Football Acssociation) implode (with the hilarious sight of one FIFA executive board member accusing another of corruption ) but I particularly like one line in particular from one of them to another, my bolding:

Suspended Fifa vice-president Jack Warner has made public an e-mail that claims Mohamed Bin Hammam "bought" the 2022 World Cup finals for Qatar.

The e-mail, seemingly from Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke, also questions why Asian confederation chief Bin Hammam was running for Fifa president.

Valcke wrote: "[Hammam] thought you can buy Fifa as they bought the World Cup".

Fifa suspended Warner and Bin Hammam over separate allegations of bribery, pending further investigation.

Bin Hammam was suspended by the organisation's ethics committee a matter of hours after withdrawing from the Fifa presidential race on Sunday morning.

Warner, who is president of the North, Central American and Caribbean confederation (Concacaf), has reacted angrily to the allegations of bribery and the Fifa ethics committee's decision to suspend him.

The Trinidad and Tobago government minister raged: "I look on the suspension as the worst form of justice by any sporting organisation.

"The guys were hand-picked by Blatter. A kangaroo court would be a decent thing to say."

Warner, who also turned on Valcke, stated: "I wrote to Valcke telling him, among other things, that the outcome of the [Fifa presidential] elections may cause some fracture in the Arab world which we can ill afford now and that I will like to ask Bin Hammam to withdraw from the race.

"To which Jerome replied to me and I quote: 'For MBH [Mohamad Bin Hammam], I never understood why he was running. If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB [Joseph Sepp Blatter].

"Or he thought you can buy Fifa as they [Qatar] bought the WC'."

Warner showed the e-mail to television crews and added: "You don't have to believe me, you don't have to like me, nobody has to eat with me, drink with me or sleep with me but Jesus Christ, take the truth when you see it."

Warner has also accused Blatter of making a gift of computers and an unauthorised $1m (£607,000) to Concacaf officials.

"I indicated that at the Miami Concacaf Congress on 3 May Mr Blatter made a gift of $1m to Concacaf to spend as it deems fit," Warner said in a statement.

"This annoyed [Uefa] president Michel Platini who was present and he approached secretary general Jerome Valcke complaining that Mr Blatter had no permission from the finance committee to make this gift to which Jerome replied that he will find the money for Mr Blatter.

"I also indicated Fifa, through Mr Blatter, organised gifts of laptops and projectors to all members of the Caribbean and no objections have been made today of this to date."
                    Are they seriously suggesting that the hilarious decision to give the World Cup to Qatar was done with bribes and backhanders ?.

Comment

Well the 2014 WC starts today and I have to say it's the least 'excited' (if that's the right word) I can remember being for a World Cup since I was a kid. I am afraid FIFA corruption and the general way football is going these days is ruining it for me. Of course England being sh*te doesn't help.

I am not sure how many of you will have seen it but the Sunday Times in the UK has got hold of a pile of emails and documents related to Qatar being awarded the World Cup, and surprise surprise, there was all manner of payments and other stuff going on. Yes that's right folks, the 'deicision to award' the WC to the desert kingdom with no football infrastructure, 50 degree heat in the summer and a population half the size of the amount of fans who travel to a World Cup does not seem to have been totally above board.

As you recover from the shock of hearing this, FIFA are delighted to announce that the crazy old buffoon who has presided over all the corruption over the years has announced, to great joy and glee around the world, that at 78 years old he is standing for another for another four years...

FIFA.

Comment

With places like Singapore paying so much for TV rights, I can say that a career in FIFA is very rewarding in every way.

Comment

Agreed. These FIFA scandals have ruined World Cup for me

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/54716...comm_ref=false

Comment

Fifa is a disgrace and those old men in charge should all resign or be sacked

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              England being sh*te
                              How predictable....

Comment

Working...
                              X