Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passport question

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:28 AM.

You can always call the airline / TA and inform them or generally just bring along your expired passport when you check in.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      You can always call the airline / TA and inform them or generally just bring along your expired passport when you check in.
      post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post

Exactly what i did last year

Comment

I have two passports and quite often put in the details of one when booking but then travel on the other. It has never been a problem, normally I update it when doing OLCI but I have also just turned up at the airport and they reenter the details when checking in. I suppose you would need to be careful if travelling to the USA as you have to give all your details a couple of days before travelling now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            I suppose you would need to be careful if travelling to the USA as you have to give all your details a couple of days before travelling now.
            Not only the US but an increasing number of countries nowadays (including the UK) require API (although I don't know about the timing required for such information):

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/flig...formation.aspx

The UK Government has introduced legislation that requires airlines to submit Advance Passenger Information on all flights to and from the UK. The programme, known as e-Borders, is being implemented on a route by route basis throughout 2009.

Many countries, such as Canada, Spain and the USA have already introduced legislation requiring bmi (and all other airlines) flying to these countries to collect and supply Advance Passenger Information, commonly known as APIS data.

[...]

APIS data is currently required for customers travelling to/from or in transit through to the following countries:

Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Barbados, Bermunda, Canada, China (except Hong Kong), Cuba, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and USA.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              Not only the US but an increasing number of countries nowadays (including the UK) require API (although I don't know about the timing required for such information):

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/flig...formation.aspx

I think it is only the US that require it before check in. Most just send it over whilst the plane is in flight having collected it during check in. It is only quite recently that the US started asking for it a couple of days in advance.

Comment

From what I have been informed by my TA with regards to travel involving the U.S. is that 72 hours prior to departure, the airline must have the passengers' date of birth and gender in advance. But passport information is not mandatory until check-in.

This month when we traveled YYZ-HKG via SFO (with an overnight in SFO), we gave our gender + DOB when we made our reservations through the TA, but did not do so for the passport details until check-in at both YYZ & SFO. No problems encountered whatsoever.
                Last edited by Rejuvenated; 25 October 2010, 03:15 AM. Reason: typo
                My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Yes , starting NOV 1 the US requires 'Secure Flight Passenger Data' in advance, which actually is as rejuvenated stated: Name ( MUST INCLUDE MIDDLE NAME IF IN PASSPORT ), date of birth, and sex. Im sure rejuvenated meant to say 72 hours before departure, or at time of booking if travel is within 72 hours. Although this is the rule, a lot of airlines will not ticket at all without this info at time of booking regardless of how far away travel is.

From what I understand, Your PNR passenger name may be your first and last name only, but you must send the secureflight data including the middle name as per passport as an SSR entry if you are a Travel agent. IF booking online the airline websites will do this automatically.
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Yes I meant 72 hours as oppose to 72 days. Post have been amended. Sorry for the typo.
                    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
                    X