Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nosy AVOD Survey: What Did You Watch/Listen/Play on your recent fllights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Disagree on the Bourne Legacy - fell far short of expectations for me. Total rubbish.
    I agree. What a waste of a movie.

Comment

On my SQ 975 and 974 this month, I watched La Culpa del Cordero (Blame the Lamb), an Uruguayan movie about the disintegration of an upper class family during the course of a quintessentially Uruguayan mealtime ritual, an asado featuring a roasted lamb (on SQ 974, I watched this while lunching on my BTC roast lamb )

Loved the social commentary and the well-acted scenes with the dialogues spoken in that wonderful Rioplatense accent.

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
      watch 2.5 movies this return flight from Inchon.... all chinese,..... 1 is Cold War, which I watch half way on way to Inchon, two love stories in chinese..... one is Viva Baseball and the other is Born to Love You.........
      I need to see if I can still catch these movies on SQ or CI this month!

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      On NRT-SIN last weekend, caught up with movies I'd missed on the big screen

Jack Reacher: Entertaining

Life Of Pi: very slow. Makes the flight pass even slower

Bourne Legacy: up to the standards of the Bourne franchise

Also noticed the "red eye TV selections" have been expanded.

Entire seasons of popular TV series are being shown. eg
      Season 1 & 2 Games Of Thrones
      2 seasons of Friends
      2 seasons of Big Bang Theory
      I watched Life of Pi on my DL 891 last month. Watched Skyfall on my CI 17 along with a Japanese movie about a female Shogun and a Korean movie about a street comic hired as a stand-in for a Joseon-era emperor
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

An interesting point has been raised.

What I choose to watch in the air & on the ground very different.

In the air, I like watching action movies where you can doze off, wake up, go to the loo and still know what's happening!

I avoided Lincoln. Should have avoided Life Of Pi!

Comment

Nothing beats comedy in the air, IMHO. Pitch Perfect on TG475 was probably the most entertaining airplane movie I've watched in a long time

Comment

Well, The best IFE shall be the Flight Map!

Comment

Nice sharing with me........
              Thanks for valuable information...!

Comment

Just watched several movies on board SQ 16

Piedra, Papel o Tijera (2012), directed by Hernán Jabes, a gritty Venezuelan urban drama and the official Venezuelan submission to the Foreign Language Film category in this year's Oscars.

The film also showcases a lot of music by artists from the vibrant Venezuelan musical scene. In a gripping pivotal scene, one hears the frenetic beats of change tuki, an electronic urban genre from Caracas. In one of the opening scenes, the song Más Cerquita by Famasloop is sung by two of the film's protagonists. Here is a YouTube clip of that scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD932HvWsqo

Piedra, Papel o Tijera, as it turns out, did not make the short list for Best Foreign Language Film category of the 2013 Oscars. What did make the short list was the Chilean film, No, which I also watched on the first sector of my SQ 16

No is based on the true events surrounding the October 5, 1987 plebiscite in Chile that brought down the Pinochet dictatorship and stars Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal as an advertising designer tasked with creating a campaign for the opposition. Here is a clip from the Oscars website

http://oscar.go.com/nominees/foreign...-film/chile-no

Also watched Viaggio Sola, an Italian film about the professional and personal lives of a female hotel mystery shopper. This movie has the collaboration of the Leading Hotels of the World whose hotels were featured in the film

http://www.lhw.com/press-center/Viaggio-Sola

http://www.lhw.com/inthemovies/viaggio-sola/

Also watched the two-hour long Tamil version of the movie David starring the gorgeous actress, Tabu, and partly filmed on the beaches of Goa.

For comic relief, watched the French movie Des Gens Qui S'Embrassent about Jewish French family, a wedding, a funeral, St Tropez, and Monica Bellucci as an Italian housewife married to Kad Merad's character, a Sinatra-singing lounge singer

Comment

On my DL 1866, watched Australian comic Jim Jefferies's stand up special on the HBO channel

also watched a movie--Pain and Gain starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, based on real events

Comment

On my DL 1355, watched a trio of episodes from the Happiness is on the plate documentary series written by Sophie Brissaud and Philippe allante

Organising Bounty with two Michelin star Chef David Kinch of Manresa in Los Gatos, California

Reconstructing the History of Taste with Chef Dai Jiangjun of Dragon Well in Hangzhou, China

Reconnecting Cooking with the Soil with Chef Luke Burgess of Garagistes of Hobart, Tasmania

Comment

On my way to London ( SQ308 ) recently:

Reds 2
                      Entertaining movie by veteran actors

Wolverine
                      I'm a long time Marvel Comic fan

Newsroom
                      Excellent exposé of how US media works

Big Bang Theory Season 6

On the way back ( SQ317 ):

Pacific Rim
                      Mindless drivel but just great visual spectacle

Band Of Brothers.
                      As many episodes as I could watch.
                      Great to watch still. Hard to believe it was made in 2001. Time flies!
                      Prompted me to rewatch my old DVD collection since coming home.
                      And to buy its sequel "The Pacific" too

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        On my way to London ( SQ308 ) recently:
                        Was this 777-300ER with the new cabin layout? I don't suppose you watched the Flight Path moving-map at all during the flight?

I ask because flights SQ308 and SQ319 (with new cabins and latest version of KrisWorld IFE) are trialling a new version of Flight Path (the moving-map).

In addition to just showing where you are, the map should have also cycled through a set of stunning images and captions about the fascinating parts of the world you are flying over, changing in real-time depending on where you are. This content was produced by the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) for Singapore Airlines as part of its Hidden Journey's project.

We (the project team) would love to get feedback from passengers who might have seen the new content/feature on SQ308 / SQ319.

So, I was wondering if you may have seen it?

Thanks,

Daniel
                        Web Co-ordinator & Writer – Hidden Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenJourneys View Post
                          Was this 777-300ER with the new cabin layout? I don't suppose you watched the Flight Path moving-map at all during the flight?

I ask because flights SQ308 and SQ319 (with new cabins and latest version of KrisWorld IFE) are trialling a new version of Flight Path (the moving-map).

In addition to just showing where you are, the map should have also cycled through a set of stunning images and captions about the fascinating parts of the world you are flying over, changing in real-time depending on where you are. This content was produced by the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) for Singapore Airlines as part of its Hidden Journey's project.

We (the project team) would love to get feedback from passengers who might have seen the new content/feature on SQ308 / SQ319.

So, I was wondering if you may have seen it?

Thanks,

Daniel
                          Ah! Great to hear from you, Daniel. Yes, I've seen the "3-D" maps when I was playing around with it when on a flight on the first couple of weeks of the new planes starting running. However, I did not encounter anything interesting during the short time I was using it. It looked very much like GoogleEarth - ver flat-tish perspective. I suggest that you provide more interaction. For instance, I can ask the system to simulate me the entire route in 10x speed so I know where it would be flying across BEFORE I get there. I also perhaps want to be beeped when we fly over a certain place like the Black Sea, so I know when to peak out of the window. Or when sunrise or sunset is about to happen. Most of the time, the IF crew tend to insist that we close the window blinds and we won't know we are passing a certain place, so if it's possible to link up an external camera so that those not having a window seat as well can have a view of the outside. Don't just put the most obvious places on the map, like the Eiffel Tower or the Taj Mahal - put in all the UNESCO World Heritage sites as well!

Also sent directly onto email as suggested.
                          Last edited by CarbonMan; 21 December 2013, 03:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            Ah! Great to hear from you, Daniel. Yes, I've seen the "3-D" maps when I was playing around with it when on a flight on the first couple of weeks of the new planes starting running.
                            Thanks for your reply and useful thoughts on possible improvements. I especially like the idea of an overview of the route, so that you know what to look forward to prior to take-off!

This trial upgrade of Flight Path takes the form of specific 'points of interest' that the Hidden Journeys team have researched and located along the flight path. As you fly near and over the next point of interest, a new set of stunning images and informative captions about that location will be displayed.

You can get an idea of the range of content that we have been producing from www.HiddenJourneys.co.uk, where we have over 20 flight paths from around the world that you can explore. It is amazing learning about the places we all fly over!

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Daniel

Comment

Foodies must watch "The Hundred Foot Journey" this month on SQ.

It's about an Indian restaurant opening in a small French village 100 feet from a Michelin star restaurant.

Hilarious and charming

Comment

I watched Boyhood...quite a unique movie -- highly recommended...

I actually watched it on Qantas, but it is on SQ Krisworld as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X