No announcement yet.

SQTalk iPhone / iPad Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating the minute something is released is not always good advice.
    I tend to and we do it at work with the god knows how many iOS devices we have. We dont jailbreak. Just i would like the security hole fixed on my phone so that even with a passcode on people can still get into my contacts and ring people etc.

In my professional opinion, this update in particular i would tell people to go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
      Prepaid data is horrendously expensive in Singapore. Suggest you go for a post paid data plan. Singtel issue microsims for Ipad

I do have a Starhub microsim that is unused. Comes with 12GB data and voice. Got it when I signed for a Iphone 4 for my SO. If you want to use, by all means ... Better than paying the subs and not using it
      Thanks for the kind offer - but I couldn't possibly accept. Appreciate it though!

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        I tend to and we do it at work with the god knows how many iOS devices we have.
        That's a dangerous IT policy you have there...

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        We dont jailbreak. Just i would like the security hole fixed on my phone so that even with a passcode on people can still get into my contacts and ring people etc.
        So what happens when you discover that the newest release contains another security hole? Do you tell all your people to save their SHSH Blobs so that they can be sure to downgrade (although their baseband will be updated)? At least take this precaution.

Also keep in mind that the jailbreaking community usually has patches out for said "security holes" WELL before Apple issues an update.

Waiting a couple weeks, doing some research to see if there are any disadvantages, then proceeding with caution is a much more conservative and safer route that really doesn't hurt. If you can wait 75 days for Apple to release a fix, 14 more shouldn't inconvenience you that much.
        HUGE AL

Comment

on iOS 4.2 now - not that there was anything wrong with 4.1, but I did want to use find-my-iPhone, which in 4.1 had to come with a paid (and expensive) mobileMe account. Now free!

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            That's a dangerous IT policy you have there...

So what happens when you discover that the newest release contains another security hole? Do you tell all your people to save their SHSH Blobs so that they can be sure to downgrade (although their baseband will be updated)? At least take this precaution.

Also keep in mind that the jailbreaking community usually has patches out for said "security holes" WELL before Apple issues an update.

Waiting a couple weeks, doing some research to see if there are any disadvantages, then proceeding with caution is a much more conservative and safer route that really doesn't hurt. If you can wait 75 days for Apple to release a fix, 14 more shouldn't inconvenience you that much.
            I do know how many we have on paper not ontop of my head.

There is a risk of kind a security hole in the new version i agree, but there are known ones in the old versions.

I am not saying there is a security problems in jailbreaking i used to do it myself

Comment

Working...
            X