World Cup...Have your habits changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    I think the true test of being an England football fan is the number of drinks required to steady your nerves as the rounds progress in the World Cup. If the number does not increase as more matches are played, you're not a real fan just yet.

Companies must be very glad this isn't another middle-of-the-workday match.
    Although the hang over from all the nerve settling drinks might loose them just as much in productivity.

Comment

This one is turning into a real nail-biter...

Comment

How far over the line was Lampard's shot - terrible referring

Comment

Good Morning. 4-1.

Comment

yea, people look at the match and result and may say "whao"

pretty bad for England's goal that did not count, of course

but don't look at Germany or England

could either of these two teams win the cup at the end?
            can they (well, it's Germany now) win if they were to play against Argentina?

that's the point

Comment

ugggh.... barf! dont know who i am rooting for now, but definitely know that i am rooting against Ghana and Germany. Never seen more blatant flopping than that displayed by the Ghana team yesterday. it makes a mockery of the sport. and i dont know how the ref could have missed that goal by England... that changed the whole match. S. Korea, USA, and England all gone... i am 0-3 so far on the teams i was rooting for... i have bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                How far over the line was Lampard's shot - terrible referring
                I know you not asking for the distance from the goal line...the mainstream Straits Times mentioned 0.5m and the Business Times mentioned 1 m. Unfortunately, in all events, size does not matter here as it has not ruled a goal officially. Even a German commentator mentioned it was a goal from where he was seated.

I could be wrong on this one and adding myself as another armchair English manager, could be too many foreign players in the English league that is affecting the talent development schemes of the English clubs as compared to the German league?

By the way, Dent@SUB is here on the 14th August, which is a Saturday...should we organise a BBQ on that day? To all our overseas SQTalkers, are you all interested in coming over?

SQFG, Very Sorry you lost some neurons because of me....but hope I could make it up by giving you a personal invite to the BBQ(if we can get this off the ground).

Hopefully, someone can give an idea where we could host the BBQ. My place has a shared BBQ pit...just not the best around.

Comment

At least we have the cricket!
                  What a load of rubbish, absolutely nothing in that performance warranted the support of all the fans round the world. Germany invests in its youth academy's, has a foreign player restriction and actually invests in its team, they rebuilt their team over a few years and it shows, a lot of the players in last nights game were in the winning under 21 squad.
                  Not that they will as it will mean less cash floating around but the premier league needs tougher restrictions on overseas players and introduce a break. (As well as kick all these overpaid "superstars" squarely in the behind)

Comment

England... its all because of their supporters!!!!!

it is all because of their supporters!!!!!!!

and finally....

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

LMAO....

Comment

Not a good day for officials yesterday. But I do think the better teams went through. Argentina v Germany promises to be a very good match.

I hope England's drubbing will prompt some serious changes in the English system. The constant allusion to 1966, when seen against lackluster results, is frankly embarrassing.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

So, Spain vs Portugal - who's calling this one? I have just bought the Spanish jersey so here's to hoping I can wear it beyond tomorrow night...

Comment

Spain vs Portugal: I'm going for Portugal (don't like Spain in general, sorry to say)

Argentina vs Germany: Naturally for Germany, let's see if the pantzers can finally send the arrogant entertainer back home.

A word on the referees: this is a disaster - they need to do smt about this. Argentina's off-sight goal vs Mexico and England's clear goal were just two examples; there's a lot at stake here, we simply cannot have this kind of referee performances.

Comment

Anyone in SIN up for watching Spain - Porto tomorrow night? Let me know... have a room booked @ Hilton SIN so that I can crash after the match...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                Anyone in SIN up for watching Spain - Porto tomorrow night? Let me know... have a room booked @ Hilton SIN so that I can crash after the match...
                                Please let me know your room number. I bringing either girl no. 4 or no. 7 to join you in watching the match that Kapitan posted. Since you loved mystery guests, I will let it remain a mystery.

Comment

Working...
                                X