Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like watching the Ghanaians playing

Comment

Not an amazing performance but good enough. Crouch needs a run out I think as Rooney is struggling, its all set up though Germany next and then more than likely Argentina! If England were to win the cup beating those two it would for ever go down as the greatest would cup ever!

Comment

God that was stressful.....

The performance was excellent, they looked a different team from the last game. But 1-0 is a horrible score in games of such importance, made even worse by all the fantastic chances they created but couldn't put away. Everyone in the pub was fearing them going up the pitch and nicking one at the end. Watching people's faces turning blue as they scream 'push out FFS', people sat with their head in their hands, a mate going out to smoke for the last 5 minutes 'I can't watch this, they're gonna score, I know they are.'

We all thought the US Algeria game had finished 0-0 and we had topped the group for a good ten minutes after the game until the final group standings came up onthe screen and everyone said 'WTF, the Yanks are top'. Fair play to them for scoring ininjury time to win.

So it's the Germans, again. If anyone likes a bet see what the odds are for them them to beat us on penalties, again.

A funny text message doing the rounds last night :

This world cup has turned out like WW2. The french surrendered early, the Yanks only decide to pitch up at the last minute and we are left to fight the f*cking Germans again.

Comment

Yeah I definitely aged about 10 years during that game. But if we beat the Germans then all will be forgiven.

Comment

The England team went to visit a local orphanage today during some time off from training camp. "It's nice to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, and who are constantly struggling," said Jamal Umbuttu, age 6..

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
              The England team went to visit a local orphanage today during some time off from training camp. "It's nice to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, and who are constantly struggling," said Jamal Umbuttu, age 6..
              That was a nice gesture.

My prediction for the England vs Germany result:

England 3 - Germany 0. Going down to the local betting booth to get a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                That was a nice gesture.

My prediction for the England vs Germany result:

England 3 - Germany 0. Going down to the local betting booth to get a ticket.
                That bet is going to get you $35 for every dollar you bet! LD#7 is on you if you get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                  That bet is going to get you $35 for every dollar you bet! LD#7 is on you if you get it right.
                  I am agreeable to hosting for LD#7 whether I win or not. Was thinking of a BBQ with some nice juicy steaks, lamp chops, bbq sting ray, sotong, prawns etc...Don't mind sponsoring for the meal...I only one problem...does anyone have BBQ stove and a garden?

If England wins the world cup...our english based friends on SQTalk may be willing to sponsor the liquid stuff? What say you MAN Flyer, Lobster, jjpb3, phalessy, jhm etc...? My favourite drink is Louis XIII just for your information in making the choices.

Like kyo++, I too have My first secret guest and he has the initials CCS.

By the way, my BBQ skills not first the world but also not so bad lah.
                  Last edited by LionCity; 25 June 2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

If England wins the world cup...our english based friends on SQTalk may be willing to sponsor the liquid stuff? What say you MAN Flyer, Lobster, jjpb3, phalessy, jhm etc...? My favourite drink is Louis XIII just for your information in making the choices.
                    If England win the World Cup then I will happily pay for everyone's drinks next time I am in town, no matter how many turn up!.

However, I know that this will not eneded up costing me anything, sadly....

Comment

If that happens I'll invite most of Singapore to join in and celebrate... I'm sure many will be willing to oblige...

Comment

If England wins the world cup...our english based friends on SQTalk may be willing to sponsor the liquid stuff? What say you MAN Flyer, Lobster, jjpb3, phalessy, jhm etc...?
                        If England makes it that far into the competition, I'll have developed ulcers. Spectating isn't a relaxing activity with England.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

What the UK born German resident predicts...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10420131.stm

Comment

But the BBQ is primary to celebrate the WORLD CUP winner...should we not based it on the culinary delights of the winner's country? If England wins, we should be having roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, fish & chips etc..
                            If Germany wins, we'd be eating yummy huge German sausages.

Comment

Well, the day has arrived. I can tell as the stomach is tuning over so it must be close. I remember when tournaments like this used to be fun and enjoyable to watch....

Comment

I think the true test of being an England football fan is the number of drinks required to steady your nerves as the rounds progress in the World Cup. If the number does not increase as more matches are played, you're not a real fan just yet.

Companies must be very glad this isn't another middle-of-the-workday match.
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X