World Cup...Have your habits changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Read that the PM of Spain vowed to protect the octopus and provide it with asylum.
    Who cares about PPS, I want a PPO (psychic pet octopus)!
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• The PM of Spain better keep his word now that España has won the cup!!
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Cynical football lost, beautiful football won.

Felicidades, España. Iker was amazing. Don Vicente was a smart, calming leader.
        Last edited by jjpb3; 12 July 2010, 06:16 AM.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Lost my voice with all the celebrations early this AM, but must say the Spaniards were relentless and just kept pounding away, a few brief moment of concern but in the end all is said and done... I'm smelling some chorizos at the next LD...

Comment

• referee KAYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• I'm having Takopachi today. The stupid octopus is a jinx.

Comment

• deleted
                Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Cynical football lost, beautiful football won.
                  Absolutely. I was appalled at the way the Dutch literally tried to kick Spain out of the match, and at half time I had changed from my position of wanting the Dutch to win it declared after England went out, to wanting Spain to win for the good of the game. The Dutch should have been one maybe two men down at half time. As for Van Bommell....

The way the Spanish refused to be intimidated, or to retaliate and be dragged down to the cynical level the Dutch were at, is a credit to them.

All in all, despite the odd bit of excitement, the tournament has been very disappointing from a football point of view. The eventual (and deserved)Champions scored a massive eight goals in seven games and only won their last four games 1-0.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Lost my voice with all the celebrations early this AM,
                  Congratulations!. Who you supporting next time ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Congratulations!. Who you supporting next time ?.
                    Ever since visiting Spain earlier this year, I've become a big fan of the country.

Let's see who's in the next one first... am actually making a kind of 'pact' with a few of my friends here last night that we'll watch the next World Cup in Brazil together. I'd love to go at least once in my lifetime!

At least we won't have to contend with vuvuzelas, then..!

Comment

• All right.

I also wanted the Dutch to win.

But admittedly they played the Spaniards very very rough, and overall as a team they were slightly inferior (last night but also in the whole tournament).

The Spanish team, to their credit, took all this extremely aggressive play from the Dutch pretty graciously and persevered.

There are so many fine moments or details that could have changed the score. But that's competition for the ultimate position in sports.

A very nice final in my subjective opinion, not particularly for the beauty of the game played, but for the leadership exhibited by some players and also for the strategy and tactics adopted by the managers - while all of them were hanging on to their nerves due to the importance of the match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Lost my voice with all the celebrations early this AM, but must say the Spaniards were relentless and just kept pounding away, a few brief moment of concern but in the end all is said and done... I'm smelling some chorizos at the next LD...
                        Can we expecting Flamenco dancing by Kyo+ at the LD#7???
                        Will bring Sangria for your dancing...

Comment

• LD7 is it. But no octopus. Octopus has a short life span and both male and female will not eat after mating. Paul is two and ahalf and will only live for anoth half a year or a year.
                          Sad to see him go as it brought an interesting and different angle to this world cup.

Comment

Paul is two and ahalf and will only live for anoth half a year or a year.
                            Sad to see him go as it brought an interesting and different angle to this world cup.
                            Maybe they'll erect a monument or mausoleum for him in Spain.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

LD7 is it. But no octopus. Octopus has a short life span and both male and female will not eat after mating. Paul is two and ahalf and will only live for anoth half a year or a year.
                              Assuming the psychic gene is hereditary, it is essential to introduce many lady octopi to Paul in these six to twelve months! Once he has performed his duty in producing many little Paulos, Paulettes, Paulines, etc, we can grill him on the BBQ for LD >7.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Absolutely. I was appalled at the way the Dutch literally tried to kick Spain out of the match
                              I thought the Dutch have always been very aggressive in their play right from the start? Watched the highlights during one of their earlier games. I told jhm immediately that I thought they were extremely aggressive and 'un-sporty' (compared to the other teams); I didn't like them and did not want them to win.

I am glad that they did not win in the end, despite their foul tactics.

I like Spain and the people. So much warmer and friendlier! Very happy for them.

Comment

• Looks like a big year for Spain: Rafael Nadal winning Wimbledon, and now Spain winning the World Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X