Full 5th Freedom liberalisation within ASEAN by 1 Jan 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full 5th Freedom liberalisation within ASEAN by 1 Jan 2011

So with that on the cards in a few months - wonder if we're gonna see some weird SQ routes intra-asean then going on to a far off destination with 747's/380's. ?

Like SIN-KUL-LHR or SIN-CGK-CDG

If they went for it, SQ could grab a good share of business on MNL-USA routes (I guess depending on whether Japanese -- or maybe HKG -- authorities would give them any more rights to transit). I wonder if it would be financially viable for them to cover MNL-HKG without CX or PR frequencies.

Regardless, it will be very interesting to see what routes spring up as a result of this agreement.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Has this taken effect?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        Has this taken effect?
        Haven't seen any signs of it yet. Would be very surprised if it was anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Haven't seen any signs of it yet. Would be very surprised if it was anytime soon
          that's where the new airline,... hoot... toot or is it scoot ..... will take advantage of?
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Talking about that, I just saw a 'Scoot Bus' today. At the back it tells drivers to honk if they have 'scootitude'.
            I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Reading the Malaysian newspapers today calling for merger between MAS and Air Asia to prepare for open skies in 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                Reading the Malaysian newspapers today calling for merger between MAS and Air Asia to prepare for open skies in 2015
                I don't think AK's "All Red" will ever jive with MH's new "All White (with black 'n blue ribbonology)"
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

So SQ's preparation?
                  SQ: Long haul >8 hours
                  Scoot OQ ( TZ wef 14 May ): Long haul up to 8 hours
                  MI: LCC routes with business demand
                  TR: LCC routes
                  Last edited by 9V-SIA; 14 May 2012, 09:40 AM. Reason: OQ changed to TZ

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    So with that on the cards in a few months - wonder if we're gonna see some weird SQ routes intra-asean then going on to a far off destination with 747's/380's. ?

Like SIN-KUL-LHR or SIN-CGK-CDG
                    I wonder if a reconfigured A345 would have the range to reach certain South and North American destinations from say, CGK or DPS
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                    X