No announcement yet.

My Private Diecast Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diecastdrool:OMG!!!I thought i had a big collection of die cast models!so many till i had to give most of them away!:'(

Dent@SUB:Where can i get an airport model?
    I did have one last time(Built one put alot of effort into it till i decided to hack it with a hammer )heeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
      diecastdrool:OMG!!!I thought i had a big collection of die cast models!so many till i had to give most of them away!:'(

Dent@SUB:Where can i get an airport model?
      I did have one last time(Built one put alot of effort into it till i decided to hack it with a hammer )heeeeeeeeeeeee
      I got them from some Herpa's shop in Europe many years ago... some where in Germany....
      But I heard that now they do the online shopping and deliver them right into your door's steep.

btw, what scale your collections are? 1:400, 1:500 or 1:200? Herpa, Gemini Jets or Dragon Wings??
      Last edited by Dent@SUB; 9 May 2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Ok, it's not diecast, but I thought I'd share the latest addition to my very small (select) fleet!

Presenting the A380 PAA Series (Pilot Assembled Aircraft!)

Finally giving the pilot a breath of fresh air after being in that stuffy box. Full set of parts and instructions - Airbus seem to think of everything (but as we all know their aircraft lack soul, unlike their Boeing superiors!)

Whoever thought an A380 would have *so* many parts?

That's the body built, now let's start sorting out some of these other bits

Firmly affixing the winglets...

...and the wheels...

Trent 900 engines - a miracle of engineering,...so powerful yet so light!

Hot work this construction lark

Hmmm, looking good but not quite finished...

The all important SQ paintwork applied, now just checking wing integrity

Final external checks, pitot tubes and the like...

Proud Captain at the helm!

Comment

That's almost worthy of an imaginary TR!

Comment

My privately designed and built airport diorama

@NICKBOT: truly inspiring story...good work from the pilot

Now, moving on to my thread 2 weeks ago re: the plan to build an airport to house my diecasts, here's the sneak preview: (only completed the Main Terminal building to date...more to follow)

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post

Proud Captain at the helm!
              Looks rather Titanic-Kate Winslet to me!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                Looks rather Titanic-Kate Winslet to me!
                Indeed, but I think my pilot is less plastic

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                  I got them from some Herpa's shop in Europe many years ago... some where in Germany....
                  But I heard that now they do the online shopping and deliver them right into your door's steep.

btw, what scale your collections are? 1:400, 1:500 or 1:200? Herpa, Gemini Jets or Dragon Wings??
                  Size wise, i don't really know.i do have some really smalls ones to one huge A380 hanging on my wall 0.0""
                  Some are herpa ,some custom made(a 707,777,that huge A380)and the rest are just bought from shops all over except SG(i think its ridiculously expensive to buy model planes in SG)

Comment

Wow you guys are giving me ideas on a new hobby

Comment

Ab Fab collection diecastdrool

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                      Wow you guys are giving me ideas on a new hobby
                      just a word of caution, collecting can be addictive. I started collecting 1/43 scale F1 cars and before I knew it, I had blown over S$8,000 on them....

Comment

Working...
                      X