Your emptiest Y flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your emptiest Y flight?

I just flew SIN-BNE and Y was so empty, that almost all of us had an empty seat next to us. I asked the IFS how many pax were there onboard, and he said "less than 60 ". I used my IFE screen for movies and the screen next to me for the flight map, and had much more attention from the crew This is great news for the passengers and crew, but bad news for the Airline!

Just wondering what was your emptiest flight?

MAN-SIN during the SARS period - ridiculously empty with rows and rows of the plane unocccupied in Y

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      MAN-SIN during the SARS period - ridiculously empty with rows and rows of the plane unocccupied in Y
      30 pax in Y on a SIN-BKK on 777-200. I shared the back economy cabin with 4 people total. was eery at night during landing with lights out!
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

took SQ233 to sydney 9th april
        load was rather light..
        supposed to be in the 1st cabin but shifted to 2nd..
        the middle rows r barely filled.
        each person just took a row of 3 seats by the window.

Comment

A sprinkling of pax in the back Y cabin on SIN-MLE 22nd Dec 2 years back. We promptly moved to Emex seats. Maybe 10 pax tops, same in the front Y cabin.

Comment

I once did a solo trip in Y on LH between Cairo and Sana'a. All the other passengers got off in Cairo and I was the only one who continued on to Sana'a

Comment

7 on a 777, SIN-BKK during SARS.

Comment

Another very very empty Y flight was to KCH on MH.. Was an A330 then and the cabin was so empty that if you looked around you, no other pax was in sight (I presumed there were other pax a few rows back). It was a night flight and when they dimmed the lights it got a bit scary.

Comment

Cairo - LHR on an MS 777-200. About 20 people tops. Wandered to the back and had the whole aft cabin and bathrooms to myself, which as I was ill beyond belief was a very good thing. Interesting 3-4-2 layout.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                    Cairo - LHR on an MS 777-200. About 20 people tops. Wandered to the back and had the whole aft cabin and bathrooms to myself, which as I was ill beyond belief was a very good thing. Interesting 3-4-2 layout.
                    Wow what a layout for Eygpt Air.

Comment

Years back i was on a DragonAir flight from Hiroshima to Hong Kong.

There were three people in the lounge........ ONLY.

After a while the crew for the flight wandered through as the plane only arrived after we were in the lounge...... typical of KA at the time, late.

Anyway as the crew wandered through they all started chatting with the other two "passengers" in the lounge......Upshot, i was the ONLY fare paying passenger! After takeoff I had the whole plane to myself as the two "passengers" were seated at the front all talking with the crew. Shortly after getting in the air one crew member asked me what i would like to eat and drink so it could be heated up for me. After asking for the food and a Red Wine she first came back with the new bottle of red, leaving the whole bottle, and simply said, if you want any more just press the button

Comment

SIN-BKK during the first red shirt protest onboard a 773.Went to the boarding gate and had a shock as it was almost empty and once onboard, counted no more than 20pax.
                        SIN-LAX(SQ38) 3 pax(last december)
                        LAX-SIN(SQ37) 9pax(last december)

Comment

I think one of my emptiest flights was on Song Airlines from SFO to MCO on 30 April 2006. It was perhaps the last Song Airlines flight to land. Most of us were easily able stretch out and sleep 3 seats. A 752 was used.

Comment

Merpati Nusantara Airlines A310 from MEL to CGK...back in the 1997/98....6 ppl in Y class and 0 in C class...horrible and pity them. No wonder they stopped that route in less than 6 months

Comment

Well, im about to fly to Bangkok from Singapore, I wonder how long SQ will continue 4x a day to BKK with the current situation, will be very interested to see passenger load tonight. After the 2008 airport closure they dropped to 3x a day from I think it was 6x before, and maybe it was 8x before that?
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                              X