Looks like additional security could be on its way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    So how many people are going to continue with their travel plans and how many will abort?

I think if you gotta go then you gotta go, but right now, if it's optional (for me personally, it is as I've got nothing planned to the US), am not quite in a rush to go buy a ticket to head out there. Too much trouble.
    Do you not think that some countries and all airlines might follow with the same rules too?

The USA is not the only country in the world which is targeted by terrorists.

Comment

In-Flight Security Eased...[at pilot's discretion]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091228/...nger_tolerance

At the captain's discretion, passengers can once again have blankets and other items on their laps or move about the cabin during the tail end of flight. In-flight entertainment restrictions have also been lifted.

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
      You were right, I just read somewhere stating that Virgin America started to implemented no IFE + putting a sticker to seal all the toilet doors for flights in between LAX <=> SFO...!
      Source? I just flew the route and it was business as usual. Domestic flights should not be effected at all...unless the airline/crew is being retarded.

The rules only apply to foreign USA bound flights (as mentioned in your other post).

Napolitano Backtracks:

“Our system did not work in this instance,” Napolitano said this morning on NBC’s “Today” show. “No one is happy or satisfied with that. An extensive review is underway.”
      Last edited by HUGE AL; 29 December 2009, 05:35 AM.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        The rules only apply to foreign USA bound flights.
        For now.

Other rules, like liquids, started in just one or two countries and spread to pretty much everywhere.

Comment

So much for my plan to go hand luggage only...
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            So much for my plan to go hand luggage only...
            It is still possible. Just needs to be only one bag.

Comment

Just glad that I'm done with my 2 trips to the US and have no plans for any US trips in the near future.

Just hope that the EU is not going to implement their version soon.

Comment

I bet EU security rules also tighten up in the short term at least.

For example there are calls in Germany to ban all duty free.

Comment

Yes, the air travel legacy of the last decade has followed us into this one.

At least I know there'll be long security lines for international US-bound flights and not for some 30-minute domestic commuter flight circa 2002!
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                  X