Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful SQ Girls Fly High !

Dear Aviation Friends,

Have you ever wondered what some of our cabin crew members have been up to after life in the skies? Many continue to carve out an admirable career path ,armed with the wealth of experience garnered over the years while others channel their time and effforts to bring up Juniors.

To my delight, i discovered the hidden writing talent in many of our crew. A campaign under OSIM by PepperConn Social Media Solutions did just that. Allow me to introduce the 3 talented ex-crew who have each embarked on another phase in their life, none the less richer.

Every week, these 3 lovely ladies will share excerpts of their life, both past and present under OSIM Friends http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...7f594452bf.php

Gladys:

Gladys is a full-time young mum who juggles between giving the best to her family and leading a health & beauty-centric lifestyle. She is an avid jogger who believes that one should channel positive thoughts, as mental health will lead to physical health.

Janie:

Janie is a budding marketeer who enjoys active marathon running. She is your friendly girl-next-door who is ever-ready to dispense advices to you. She strives for her best to lead a healthy lifestyle and believes that a positive mindset and a happy heart is the key to overcome all problems.

April:

As April climbs the ranks of the real estate industry, she makes sure that she has enough time for fun too. Being a social butterfly, April believes in “living life to the fullest and trying out everything before you die”.

Together, the 3 ladies will be contributing for a duration of 3 months,sharing with you their flying days,personal day-to-day life experiences and
    health/wellness tips !

Please give these lovely ladies your warmest support
    Last edited by xtramile; 9 December 2009, 09:21 PM.
    www.milehiclub.sg

A very warm welcome to SQTalk, ladies.

I, for one, am looking forward to your insights.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      A very warm welcome to SQTalk, ladies.

I, for one, am looking forward to your insights.
      Thank you 9V-SIA ! Here comes excerpt no.1 ....
      www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Shaping Up In Transition

April Lee http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...404bb073cf.php

Raise your hands if you have aspired to be a self-made independent woman since young. What was your first step and how did you fare? Well, as for me, I did it at the tender age of 18. Dying to break free from the protective arms of my mother, the only way is to find a job that brings me out of this sunny island regularly. What better way than to live the dreams of many young Singapore girls?

Flying as a career has exposed me to many things, forming a “mould” of what I am today. Knowledge on personal decorum, social etiquette, personalized service attitudes and understanding of different culture, cuisine, and lifestyles are just a few to mention. Most important of all, how we present and carry ourselves is something which will benefit me throughout my life.

When most of my peers are busy mugging over examinations in the library during their university days, I’ve embarked on a different journey, which is digging into my purse in ensuring I look my best at all times. Make-ups, skincare, perfumes, body scrubs and moisturizers, monthly visits to beautician and hairdresser, spas etc. Youth waits for no one. How can we delay the ageing process especially when I love my sun-kissed skin to be golden brown forever?

Normal skincare is essential no matter how tired you can be. Cleanse, tone and moisture. I believe in frequent facial with extractions. Only then, whatever you apply works. Hydrating masks fortnightly after face scrubs. Always use sunscreen on the face. The sun is hottest between 11am and 3pm so limit your exposure during this time. The Australians had the “Slip, Slap, Slop” campaign – slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen and slap on a hat.

Cool.

For sun worshippers, always use sunscreen and not sun tanning oil without SPF. You will still get a tan. Remember to be generous with moisturizer after the tanning session. I find this rule very useful: If your shadow is shorter than you – seek the shade, as this means the UV rays are literally sky high!

I am thankful for my job in the airline. It has allowed me many opportunities for adventure and new experiences in my most active years. Those were the days I could get on with my activities immediately without replenishing my loss of sleep from working on the aircraft. If you had the chance to be at a place you always wanted to go, would you go to sleep or jump at the opportunity to get down to your activities on a holiday? I was glad I made full use of my time and until today; it brings back countless fond memories and sense of achievement. At least, I could proudly announce I’ve skydived in Christchurch and ridden a camel in Egypt......

Last edited by xtramile; 11 December 2009, 01:35 PM.
        www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

From Singlehood to Motherhood

Written by Gladys http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...58dec89618.php

Motherhood is a godsend package that comes without a bargain. I embraced motherhood like a juvenile scholar because I didn’t know what engorgement was like till it happened to me. My breasts were as hard as watermelon, and I woke up in tears at 2am with my man..err.. massaging them lovingly with warm towel while I expressed milk like a bonafide cow. Thanks to that someone who invented the electronic milk pump. Wished they come in sound proof ones though…

Kimmi’s conception was planned a month before our wedding, and Hubby proved to be an excellent gunman. We wanted a child before I hit the grand 30, and like what the fortune teller had predicted, she manifested into our lives this year. Ironically, he also correctly predicted the death of my beloved father. Life, is written like a book..don’t you think so?

On the pregnancy note, I hated the puking part and my morning sickness makes me depressed. The only consolation was not having to work during the entire pregnancy period. I also hated the aftermath c-section surgery pain, and the confinement period that turns many of us off. I guessed I would have enjoyed my little preggy adventure if not for the above mentioned, and I also lost my dad to cancer when I was 5 months pregnant with Kimmi.

Well, motherhood gives me the grounding I never knew, and the new found identity that all newly promoted parents would be proud of. Though it can be a pain to be woken up by a distressed baby in the middle of the night, it becomes so worthwhile when their little lip curl into a smile upon assurance. And oohh…babies smells so heavenly. I love how my Kimmi smell, and how she often ....
          Last edited by xtramile; 11 December 2009, 01:56 PM.
          www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

What Defines Sexy ?

Written By Janie http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...3074f2fa0a.php

Definitions of sexiness, well has to be the color Red, plunging neckline, hot body, being tall, lean, a firm butt and having a long mane of hair sort of round it up.

Do you agree? What’s your take on this? Elegant bust line enhancing gown? Do share…

Brazilian Supermodel Gisele Caroline Bundchen and Hollywood Glamour Star Angelina Jolie definitely fit the bill perfectly, according to my understanding of Sexiness.

For sure, having a hot body is fundamental but factors such as having a strong character, charisma and body language, especially a pair of lively and expressive eyes contribute to it all, when my friends & I ‘people watch’. Lolx.

In Singapore, most ladies are dressed in shorts and flip flops without much effort to doll up thus I have yet to find someone who can compete with Gisele Caroline Bundchen and Angelina Jolie.

Sigh and yes, my friends & I love to ‘people watch’ and gossip about the ladies other than the hunks in the streets. It is actually more interesting to play fashion police and at times, to gain fresh inspirations in dressing up and most importantly knowing what to avoid so as not to be a laughing stock.

Do you like to ‘people watch’ and have you come across any attractive person(s), whom you deem as sexy? It can be a male or female, a celebrity or a personal friend.

Well, I thank God that, err, I have thick lips as I have received compliments about it from both my guy and lady friends. Ha-ha, so I reckon that it is one of my assets. Except that, age is catching up and more efforts have to be sowed in order to reap or maintain the self -desirable ‘sexy’ ......
            Last edited by xtramile; 11 December 2009, 01:49 PM.
            www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Singapore to London in my size 10 slippers

Written By April http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...96d5c0b105.php

Many people ask me: “How do you keep in shape despite eating like how you eat?” You must be wondering what they mean when they say, “How I eat”.

Alright, let me just use last Friday as an example. To start my day, I had a bowl of extremely spicy minced pork noodles, two half-boiled eggs, a slice of bread with butter and jam, and a tall glass of iced Milo. Mid day, I had Bak Kut Teh with Pigs’ Trotters (not lean meat, I like it when the fats melts in my mouth). Dinner, according to my dictionary, is the most important meal of my day, as I need to justify for working so hard and unwind after a day’s work. I had Japanese buffet which made me feel like exploding. Thank god I felt like a glut at the end of the day. Otherwise, I would have gone for Cheese Prata with Milo Dinosaur before meeting up with the food monsters in my dreams.

Wow, that’s a lot of food in a day! Now that I’ve listed them down, I should be extremely guilty if I had to count my calories! Well, I’ve been stuffing myself since god knows when. I’m a foodie and it makes me happy. So what the heck!

Perhaps thanks to the good genes that run in the family, I’ve been maintaining my weight in the region of 50-55kg. Not too bad for my height. I didn’t do much until I touched my third decade. When you are young, your metabolism is your greatest friend.

I guess the nature of my work does play a part too. As a realtor, it is required that I go around the island for viewings. Just last month, I was trying to sell a 4th floor walk-up apartment. I wished I had my running shoes on. I went up and down the flight of stairs in my stilettos 8 times. And this was just one occasion. I was there 3 times. Luckily I was not wearing a pair of Manolo Blahnik.

I have my lazy days which I refuse to even climb a step of stairs. Occasionally, I allow myself to be the couch potato. This is when overhauling takes place. While following the Gossip Girls and Lipstick Jungle serials for hours with chips, I would plaster masks on my face and nails (No prospective boyfriends allowed during this ritual). Excessive moisturizing follows, and finally ends with a nice rub of my legs and feet. They deserve a break too, after serving me and walked from Singapore to London in my size 10 slippers, and from Jurong to Pasir Ris ......
              Last edited by xtramile; 14 December 2009, 05:35 PM.
              www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

I've Got it,have you ?

Written By Janie http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...a45d393ba.html

Woohoo! Today, I am a proud owner of the new uKimono and mine’s the sexy and brilliant red (after much debating of course)! *Wink* It was really difficult to decide on the colors and if I have the spare cash, I will definitely get all 3 to match my moods.

The red one when I am feeling passionate and confident, the purple one will enhance the calm and relaxed mood, it happens to match my room color too. While the citrus orange to represent the bubbly and sporty personality.

One of my friends named hers, Lavie as she has got the purple one, so cute right? Which one will you choose?

uKimono

It is really a good bargain for me because other than wanting to reduce the fats on my thighs and waist, it also helps improve the body’s digestion and prevents constipation!

Constipation has always been another troubling issue for my friends and I as we clear our bowels only once or twice a week. We always tease one another of being full of ‘shit’ (Haha, pardon the language) and it causes bloated stomachs, breakouts and leaves us feeling frustrated......
                www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

No more bikinis!

Written By Gladys http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...58dec89618.php

Keeping in shape has been a constant challenge from the day I decide to marry then-boyfriend-now-husband.

When I was pregnant, I was 28 years old and 45kg. Morning sickness was a pain to remember, and the only memorable thing about it was, my dad was in the same state as me because of chemotherapy. One of the side effects – vomiting. I remembered we were joking about it, that we were “pregnant” together so I’m not exactly suffering alone. Well, such hilarity coming out from the mouth of a man battling with a terminal disease. I felt consoled nevertheless; my dad’s a tough cookie.

I didn’t gain much during the first half of the pregnancy, because all I could take was milo and crackers. Towards the last three months however, my appetite grew, and I find myself eating 5 heavy meals every day – The weight gain suddenly became really obvious, I find myself staring back at my double chin, my thighs are rubbing against each other as I walk, and I get frequent leg cramps. I remembered the frequent peeing trips to the toilet because my baby was pressing down on my bladder, and I didn’t dare to drink a lot of water. It was a mistake, because lack of water triggers off water retention and my foot swelled up to resemble those of an elephant’s.

In total, I gained about 19kgs in a span of 36 weeks. On top of all that, I get a surprise present – STRETCHMARKS! On my once wash board tummy. I remember lamenting to myself, “Oh Shit, No more Bikinis!”.........
                  www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Introducing Janet Chew

We are pleased to introduce you Janet here on http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...97f32904ac.php

Janet wrote The Mile Hi! Club which is on the Bestseller list since May 2009. Like April and Janie, she was an ex-air stewardess for 13 years.

Now a business woman, she is filled with fiery passion to fight in order to survive in the corporate world...
                    www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Written By Janet Chew

“One killer heels… 2 killer heels, 3…4… 12 !”

An occasional walk along Shenton Way is a great session to people-watch. Observing fashionable office threads was essential to do my wardrobe revamp. Ever since I stepped into the corporate workforce, office attire has taken over my existing wardrobe of sundresses and jeans.

One noticeable commonality was that most bear the same tummy bulge, regardless of age. The size differs and is often referred to the number of pregnancy months. Never let a woman know that she’s tagged to such a number, no however how small.

It’s no wonder, considering the amount of time spent seated behind the office desk. Many women lament the fact that at the end of a hard day’s work, it is indeed most disheartening to acknowledge the fact that their tummy wasn’t getting any smaller. Due to lack of exercise (where is the time for that?!), even the thighs and butt have surrendered to the effects of gravity.

But wait ! Someone taught me how to counter that ! ... http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...6071194d6b.php

Thanks for reading, SQTalkers. If you like my article, please kindly leave your comments...
                      Last edited by xtramile; 14 December 2009, 05:34 PM.
                      www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Written By JanetChew

“There’s no time to exercise, I don’t even have time for pee breaks!”

“Exercise makes me tired.”

“Stilettos crippled my toes; I can’t jog to save my life.”

“My muscles ache too much.”

“I’ll rather skip lunch.”

“Err, aren’t night time sessions good enough?”

Sounds familiar? Well, if lazy and highly stressed women deserve a second chance, then I think it would have to come in the form of this.When I popped down the store last month, I was stumped as 3 yummy colours bade welcomingly at my fats. Er, at me...http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...1d964dd54b.php
                        www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Written By April

As I’m writing, I’m killing my brain cells trying to pen my thoughts about working out and keeping fit. Santa wouldn’t have given me any pressies coz I’ve been naughty and not been doing the necessary for the past 3 weeks. It all seemed so long ago since I last did any decent activities I can call exercise. Or does frenzy shopping count?

I was away for 2 weeks to New York, Seattle and San Francisco. Frankly, I would rather walk my way onboard as a stewardess than to be planted on the passenger seat doing nothing but eat, drink and sleep.

4 meal services in 20 hours, not forgetting snacking on chips, nuts and sandwiches in between! Mentally, I think I have piled on 10kg ( I would usually feel guilty only with food that is not in my “craving menu”) For the rest of the time on American soil, can you imagine the daily American breakfast, huge Seafood Platter lunch, and thick steak ...http://contents.pepperconn.com/osim/...643e6fd6dc.php

www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Working...
                          X