BOSE QC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    Ok, I must have been very inexperienced traveler.
    The same new prong was found in new UA C as well. Will post the picture later. My immediate conclusion is that perhaps the newer generation Bose has the new prong. I guess I should visit a local Bose store for new adaptor.
    Cheers.
    Anyone notices that the Bose plugs are not compatible withe the sockets on BA Club World? Or is there a trick to make it work? Or do we need another adaptor?
    Paging jhm and LukeGT...
    Time to get the Nokia BH-905 sir

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      New QC15's adaptor is smaller and might work better with some airline plugs (CX came to mind). Couldn't use the QC3's.
      I could use my QC3s on CX with an adaptor, but there's always a "wee wee" sound when I try to lie flat on and also when I put them on/take them off. Do you have the same problem, StarG?

Comment

The left headphone of my QC3s suddenly stopped cancelling noise this past weekend. The iStudio shop in Changi (where I bought it from) did confirm I had to take it in to Atlas/Suntec by myself to see if it could be repaired. Not great for a 4-month old set... probably will have to do without them this weekend at least.

Also - where do we get the new adaptor from that everyone's talking about? Any nominal charge?

Comment

Originally posted by kchika View Post
          I could use my QC3s on CX with an adaptor, but there's always a "wee wee" sound when I try to lie flat on and also when I put them on/take them off. Do you have the same problem, StarG?
          I never used my QC3 onboard CX because the adaptor wouldn't fit into the socket due to its shape. The new adaptor that comes with QC15 is smaller & better shaped, thus is okay for all my flights so far.

Wearing the QC3, I have never had a problem you described though.

Comment

Here is the comparison of the adaptors.

Left is the adaptor that I have for Bose QC3. I have used them on SQ so many times. on the right is the adaptor of the BA or UA headset. You can see clearly that one prong is smaller and shorter than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              I never used my QC3 onboard CX because the adaptor wouldn't fit into the socket due to its shape. The new adaptor that comes with QC15 is smaller & better shaped, thus is okay for all my flights so far.

Wearing the QC3, I have never had a problem you described though.
              How does the QC15 compare to the QC3?

I purchased another adaptor so that I could use my QC3s on CX... the original ones from Bose (pictured by SQ LPP) won't fit on any of my CX or BA flights.

Comment

Originally posted by mec View Post
                Time to get the Nokia BH-905 sir

Are you working for Nokia? A Christmas gift for me?

Comment

Originally posted by kchika View Post
                  How does the QC15 compare to the QC3?

I purchased another adaptor so that I could use my QC3s on CX... the original ones from Bose (pictured by SQ LPP) won't fit on any of my CX or BA flights.
                  The QC15 is claimed to provide the best noise canceling effect, but to me the difference with QC3 is really minimal if any. QC15 is priced lower than QC3 due to QC3 using rechargeable battery vs. regular (AA/AAA?) batteries for the QC15.
                  QC15 is 'over the ears' vs. 'on ears' for QC3.

Comment

Left is the adaptor that I have for Bose QC3. I have used them on SQ so many times. on the right is the adaptor of the BA or UA headset. You can see clearly that one prong is smaller and shorter than the other.
                    In that situation, you just use the single prong instead of the two-prong adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                      In that situation, you just use the single prong instead of the two-prong adapter.
                      It doesn't work btw. I tried.

Comment

I had the same experiences as StarG with CX and the QC3, so I began using a third-party adapter (which is smaller than the one the QC3s came with).
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

As a general remark, pity we have to buy these noise-cancelling headsets from Bose, Nokia, Sony, Sennheiser, etc.

I also got the Bose model last year in the States, but when I originally went to a Yodobashi store in Japan back in '06, I found headsets that will literally blow your mind off with their sound quality. None of them however is for use on a plane...

Comment

Working...
                          X