Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any "foreign" lounge out there better than the resident flagship lounge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
    Does the Esplanade lounge count in CGK?

At SFO, SQ SKL and VS Clubhouse might have the better facilities than the UA Int'l RCC lounge (both have real food, while only the SQ lounge has free Wi-Fi), but the RCC definitely has the best views.
    I agree that Esplanade Lounge in CGK is top but the new Garuda lounge in terminal 2D-E is also very good.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
      I agree that Esplanade Lounge in CGK is top but the new Garuda lounge in terminal 2D-E is also very good.
      Hmm...sounds interesting, since I will be back visiting my parents for the CNY. How is the SKL lounge (if there's any) at CGK? Is Terminal 2D-E supposed to be for Garuda domestic flights?

Comment

No SKL in CGK. The Esplanade is jointly owned by SQ and PT JAS (the local ground handling agent), and features interiors with similar feel as SKLs.
        Yeah the nice GA lounge is in the Domestic terminal.

Comment

StarG, Doesn't Garuda also have a new lounge in the D concourse for its International Flights? I remember going to 2 different lounges (Domestic and International) late last year.

By the way, was it true that the Esplanade Lounge was actually called the SQ / SKL lounge the first time it was opened? The bar tender there told me this but I could not confirm.

Comment

I remembered went to the lounge couple days after opened. It was Esplanade Lounge because I did remember the name from the new area in Singapore "Esplanade".

Comment

StarG, Doesn't Garuda also have a new lounge in the D concourse for its International Flights? I remember going to 2 different lounges (Domestic and International) late last year.

By the way, was it true that the Esplanade Lounge was actually called the SQ / SKL lounge the first time it was opened? The bar tender there told me this but I could not confirm.
              My apologies. I didn't know about the new GA international lounge as haven't flown them recently. When they advertised the nice new lounge, they had only mentioned the domestic one IIRC.

The Esplanade was called as such since it first opened. No 'SKL'.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                ...features interiors with similar feel as SKLs.

...with a funky (very Indonesian) smell as well.

Comment

I was walking around CGK and noticed that the GA Int'l Lounge is closed. There's a new lounge that is used by KL, EY, QR and other airlines but I didn't see GA's logo. I don't know where GA's new Int'l lounge is.

Comment

The new GA Int'l lounge I believe is located on the side with an airside view. I need to snap some pictures when I am back at CGK at the end of this month. I remembered going there once last November did my first ever CGK - NRT on GA, but only vividly....maybe I had too much to drink that day

Comment

Before ANA moved terminals in NRT, I thought UA RCC was much nicer than any of the other lounges there including the Japanese carrier lounges....

Comment

The new GA Int'l lounge I believe is located on the side with an airside view. I need to snap some pictures when I am back at CGK at the end of this month. I remembered going there once last November did my first ever CGK - NRT on GA, but only vividly....maybe I had too much to drink that day
                        I was at CGK International area couple days ago. In D and E side, there is a Garuda lounge airside. Accross from Duty Free, just nearthe immigration booth area Terminal E. There are also: CitiBank lounge and Emerald Sky lounge.
                        Last edited by CGK; 23 February 2007, 09:52 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          Very true. Many people bag out the SKL as it doesn't look as trendy as the newer lounges, ignoring the fact that it's got an excellent food and booze selection.
                          I tend to disagree. I am not a big fan of all the sleek lines and cutting edge tables etc that some lounges have. I think SIA's SKLs feel like an upper crust country club and not some bar along Nanjing Road in Shanghai. It's a fine distinction but one that some people may appreciate.

Comment

Though I should also mention, that the DBS Asia Treasures lounge in terms of catering is also VERY special. They stock my fave Pelligrino soft drinks as well have have a couple of very well made warm local dishes for Noms.

Comment

In ATL, the CO PC (small and windowless, but very attractive new off-white decor) is nicer than most of the DL SkyClubs, with the exception IMO of the two E SCs (one of which is closed until 2 pm) and the upstairs A Centerpoint SC (which is closed on weekends).

In MSP, the new and small UA lounge is nicer than the DL F/G SkyClub, but not nicer than the C SkyClub.

In PHL, any non-US lounge is nicer than any US lounge.

I suspect that some of the non-SkyTeam lounges in T1 of CDG are nicer than most of the AF lounges in T2, of course with the exception of the AF FCL.

In SYD, the NZ lounge is nicer than the QF lounge.

In NRT, the ANA and DL/NW lounges in T1 are nicer than the JAL business class lounge in T2. I also think the AF lounge is nicer than the JAL business class lounge, but some might not like the dated modern red decor.

I suspect that any foreign airline lounges in China are generally better than those of CZ and other mainland Chinese airlines. The Chinese carriers seem to offer only Chinese newspapers, coffee/tea/water, small cookies, and lavatories; smoking is a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X