Watch what you drink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch what you drink!

The drinks can set you back and often more than the food.

List of calories:

Premium bitter - 187 Calories per pint
    Normal bitter - 170 Calories per pint
    Mild beer - 136 Calories per pint
    White wine - 116 Calories per glass
    Red Wine - 119 Calories per glass
    Vodka and Coke (Single) - 120 Calories
    Vodka with soda (Single) - 76 calories
    Gin - 120 Caories per Single

With the food, desert, ice cream, cheese and no physical activities onboard does not help. Don't forget the visit to the lounge to top up provide with additional energy stores.

Think about what you are squirreling away onboard! Just a health notice.

LionCity has a good point. It is all very well to have occasional treats like Lobster Thermidor washed down with lashings of Krug, but the calories... Oi, the CALORIES!

I stopped drinking alcohol on airplanes; other than the occasional glass of Cognac after a low-fat dinner; a long time ago - about the time that sitting in F lost it's novelty. Now I'm much more interested in the calibre of my coronary arteries, and fitting into Dolce & Gabbana trousers.

Comment

well, it all depends on how often you consume that stuff... in general if you have enough excercise a few drinks every few weeks won't kill you.

But actually all these campaigns to inform people about the calories of booze have spawned some great jokes. For example if one of my friends asks me to bring a Schnitzel from the shopping mall I'll bring him 3 beers because, according to a german anti-drink-campaign, 3 beers are one schnitzel
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Hence my fondness for the TWG teas currently.

Any calorie figures for those?

Seriously, it's the best proactive thing to come out of their think tank this year..

Comment

Hmm, looks like i really do need to pre-empt the day my metabolism collapses and start going to the gym...
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
          X