Y Ups and Q ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y Ups and Q ups

Does anyone know anything about Y Ups and Q Ups on * Alliance or SQ? Do they even exist? I am curious because it just seems like such an amazing invention assuming they exist on our favourite carriers!

Those of you who don't know: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB114653336888641120.html offers a concise explanation

PS. Didn't quite know where to put this so... just chucked it here.

The special-education teacher stumbled onto an obscure category of discounted coach fares that actually guaranteed her a first-class seat and frequent-flier credit on UAL Corp.'s United Airlines -- but cost hundreds of dollars less than a standard first-class ticket.

... They represent little-known but surprisingly big bargains on thousands of first-class seats a day throughout the U.S.
    On SQ, practically no chance of seeing this, IMO. They have a very different segment they're targetting, and they have a rather different attitude towards their premium cabins.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 23 August 2009, 09:42 PM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

What about on Star Alliance flights? UA have on Domestic US flights... Star A sure must have other airlines have right... I cannot suffer through the indignity of Economy class again!!! ok *drama mama*

Comment

Last time I checked, UA is still in *A.

As for other airlines, US doesn't need it (because upgrades to domestic F are so cheap) and this kind of fare doesn't normally exist in other markets. From time to time there may be sales (eg BA sometimes has buy J get F sales).

Comment

Those xUPx fares are specific to the North American market. Within Star Alliance, only UA, AC and US fly within North America.

Comment

Thanks y'all Tis sad. but Ah well. What can we do.

Comment

Working...
            X