Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schumacher to REALLY make sensational comeback :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badoer eyes points finish at Monza

You have to admire the chap's optimism. Delusional but...

Badoer eyes points finish at Monza

By Edd Straw Sunday, August 30th 2009, 16:47 GMT

Luca Badoer believes that he can score points at Monza next month if he retains his seat despite being classified last in the Belgian Grand Prix.

The Italian, who returned to F1 racing after almost a decade as a test driver at last week's European Grand Prix, is tipped to be replaced for the Italian Grand Prix.

But Badoer believes that the experience he has built up over the past two weekends means he is now ready to fight for a top eight finish.

"In Monza, I will start with the aim to get in the points," said Badoer. "I am sure that I can get a good result there. It's one of the tracks that we do a lot of testing at. At Mugello, Fiorano and Monza I could close my eyes!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78201

Comment

someone should kidnap white Stig from BBC Top Gear and put him in the seat.

Comment

Apparently the British hacks were circulating a joke in a valencia about the poor old chap: "Look how bad you are" classic.

Anyway, our old Finn's performance yesterday only rubs salt into the wound of his performance. I'll put good money on him being at monza....... in civvies.

Comment

But you have to admit...... he developed one hell of a car

Comment

Another scandal brewing in F1! It's very close to home! (In fact, home for most of the SQTalkers!)

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=46771

Comment

A good race tactic IMO

Comment

Just bought my ticket for Singapore GP, now to book my flights

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                  Another scandal brewing in F1! It's very close to home! (In fact, home for most of the SQTalkers!)

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=46771

Everybody had been saying the same thing since it happened. And face one thing, if the safety car had not come out, Massa would not have rushed into the pits, the pit crew would not have been under pressure, he would have scored points...... and possibly won the championship

Did Alonso still work for McLaren?
                  Is this why McL and others supported Renault to race in Valencia this year?
                  Were Renault about to loose a major sponsor due to poor results?
                  Did Renault just want to be remembered forever, winning the first night GP?

Comment

"Fisi to make sensational comeback!"

Force India releases Fisichella to Ferrari

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, September 3rd 2009, 13:50 GMT

Giancarlo Fisichella will be the second Ferrari driver from the Italian Grand Prix after he was released by his Force India team on Thursday.

Following days of speculation about who would line up alongside Kimi Raikkonen now that Felipe Massa is out for the season, Force India confirmed that Fisichella would switch teams from the Italian Grand Prix.

The switch of Fisichella comes on the back of his impressive second placed finish at the Belgian Grand Prix for the Silverstone-based team.

More to follow

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78280

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                      The prancing horse should have bought out Fisichella's contract and got him to race for them till the end of the year.
                      Seems you were on the money there Nick C, any other titbits you'd care to share

Comment

Nelson Piquet: ‘I crashed on purpose’
                        Brazilian tells FIA he was asked to help Renault team-mate to win race

Edward Gorman Motor Racing Correspondent

Nelson Piquet Jr has given a dramatic account of how he crashed his car on purpose to help Fernando Alonso, his Renault team-mate, to win a race.

Formula One was trying to come to terms last night with the full extent of the allegations of cheating at the Singapore Grand Prix last September.

In a statement dictated to officials of the FIA, the sport’s governing body, Piquet describes how he was asked to drive his car into the barriers on the floodlit circuit by Flavio Briatore, the Renault team principal, and Pat Symonds, the engineering director.

The Brazilian driver, who was sacked in July, also details how Symonds allegedly took him to one side after initial discussions about the plan to give him precise instructions on which part of the street track to execute the manoeuvre.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6829862.ece

Comment

if that's true this guy should get his DL taken from him immediately and he should be barred from racing forever...

how much of a loon do you need to be to crash ON PURPOSE during a race? I wouldn't do that for all the money in the world!!!
                          Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Briatore and Symonds leave Renault

By Matt Beer Wednesday, September 16th 2009, 11:10 GMT

Renault has announced that team boss Flavio Briatore and engineering chief Pat Symonds have parted company with the team and that it will "not dispute" the allegations of race-fixing when it appears before the World Motor Sport Council next week.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78668

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
                              if that's true this guy should get his DL taken from him immediately and he should be barred from racing forever...
                              Pity for Nelson Piquet as well, great driver he was, but to coach his son in such a way (if eh was also involved) does not look well for him as well.

Comment

Renault handed 2 year suspended ban

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/9/9953.html

Renault have been disqualified from the FIA Formula One World Championship, with the ban suspended for two years, after the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) found them guilty on Monday of conspiring to cause a deliberate crash in last year’s Singapore Grand Prix.

Comment

Working...
                                X