No announcement yet.

The 747-8i flies - according to AFP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 747-8i flies - according to AFP...

According to AFP, the 747-8i has entered service. And even before the 787's first flight...

-----
    http://travel.asiaone.com/print/Trav...26-157209.html

Boeing jet makes emergency landing in Russia

Plane's landing gear failed to retract after takeoff. -AFP

Sun, Jul 26, 2009
    AFP

MOSCOW - A Boeing airliner made an emergency landing in southern Russia on Sunday when its landing gear failed to retract after takeoff, the Interfax news agency reported.

The Boeing 748 which was heading from the Turkish resort town of Antalya to Moscow safely landed in the southern Russian city of Krasnodar, Interfax reported, citing unnamed local emergency officials.

The term "Boeing 748" is an alternative name for the Boeing 747-8 airliner, which seats up to 467 passengers, according to Boeing's website.

"The landing was successful. None of the passengers or crew members was hurt," a source was quoted as saying.

There were 173 passengers and nine crew aboard the plane, Interfax said, without naming the airline operating the flight.

Didn't know the 747-8i even had a test flight. News was also in the Straits times. Any photographic evidence??

Comment

Wow, what a statistic:
      Flights:0
      Emergency landings:1
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

An emergency landing before the first flight! What an achievement Boeing! Congratulations!

And its not just the AFP, even the Straits Times is reporting the same thing!
        Last edited by s7r0ng3r; 27 July 2009, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X