Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which utility or website do you use to translate airport IATA code to airport name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which utility or website do you use to translate airport IATA code to airport name?

I notice IATA codes are quite used to refer airports on forum. I know some but not familiar with most.

If I find an unknown IATA code I will check it on WIKI or website like www.airporters.net/ports/SIN

And I find most of the websites are less of maintenance.

GCM is pretty good because it has other info that is searchable at the same time (ICAO codes, names, places).

Of course google is fast too.

Comment

I use Safari and I just key the code into the Google search bar at the corner. Quick and effective to bring out the airport name.

Comment

For the ones I don't know by heart I usually use google.
        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Amadeus

Comment

Sabre if I'm actually in that at the time but otherwise, Google "XXX airport code" works for me and is quick.

If you want the official source, you could buy the IATA City Code Directory:

The complete worldwide list of city, airport, country, province and territory names. Contains numerical and alphabetical codes, currencies, and IATA Tariff Conference areas. The CCD is updated several times a year and is available in both printed, CD-ROM, electronic versions.
            which is a snip at only US$500!

Comment

airlinecodes.co.uk

I need to do one more click to one of the links on the top left of the page, but sometimes I stick in a few cities that I'd been curious about but hadn't bothered looking up. Plus, it covers other types of codes (e.g., airlines) I might be interested in.
              Last edited by jjpb3; 25 July 2009, 02:04 AM.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                airlinecodes.co.uk

I need to do one more click to one of the links on the top left of the page, but sometimes I stick in a few cities that I'd been curious about without bothering to look them up. Plus, it has other types of codes I might be interested in covered.
                another one using airlinecodes.co.uk
                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Sabre if I'm logged in. Otherwise, the GCM works for me.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                  X