"Is it your first time on an aeroplane?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Is it your first time on an aeroplane?"

I was on LHR-MXP earlier today and my seat-mate, after observing me take photos of just about everything on the flight, asked me towards the end of the flight:

I was too stunned to think of a witty response! I could only reply, "Oh, no, I've been flying a lot for 15 years. I just like aeroplanes".

Given how much stick I got from my college friends about my flying geek-ness (especially the routing I'm taking back home this time, LHR-MXP-ZRH-LAX-ICN) it was just hilarious that someone would ask me that question.

Has anyone else also been mistaken for a first-time flyer?

Originally posted by stargold View Post
    I was on LHR-MXP earlier today and my seat-mate, after observing me take photos of just about everything on the flight, asked me towards the end of the flight:

I was too stunned to think of a witty response! I could only reply, "Oh, no, I've been flying a lot for 15 years. I just like aeroplanes".

Given how much stick I got from my college friends about my flying geek-ness (especially the routing I'm taking back home this time, LHR-MXP-ZRH-LAX-ICN) it was just hilarious that someone would ask me that question.

Has anyone else also been mistaken for a first-time flyer?
    You shoulda said you work for United

Comment

I always get mistaken for a journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        Everytime for me is like a first time

I enjoy flying. (at least, when it's not for work)

Comment

i got mistaken for a spy fr another airline because i used my digital camera to take video of the safety video on SIA once! haha

Comment

Just say its for facebook, everyone will just say 'oh ok' and thats all u need to do!
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
            X