Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never knock an SQTalker :p

Funny story from last night.

Friend: Oh, my boyfriend is off to New York tonight. On Singapore Airlines, but he's stopping somewhere in Europe. He went down to Singapore earlier in the evening.

Me: Oh. That's nice.

Friend: Yes, I miss him but I don't know what time I'll get the next message from him

Me: I'll bet you'll get one from him soon. Because he's not boarded the plane yet (it's 2300).

Friend: How do you know?

Me: Oh just a guess...

Phone beeps out of the blue: it is mr boyfriend telling my friend he's supposed to be boarding soon but delayed

Friend is obviously delighted. Wonders what aircraft her boyfriend is on. Boyfriend doesn't know.

Lil ol' me goes and blurts: Erm it's a Boeing 747-400.

All round from the table: how do you know? I say: I just do.

Some time later, boyfriend calls:
    I ask, is your boyfriend at the gate? Says yes. I say look out the window. It's got 4 engines right? A little bit at the end of the wing that flips up. and it's' got an upstairs deck right? Boyfriend goes yep...
    how on EARTH did you know the plane model?

Friend and boyfriend totally bewildered.

I said, well, don't expect an SMS till about 2pm Malaysia time tomorrow tomorrow. And it'll be from Frankfurt.

You see, he went down to Singapore on SQ119, connecting to SQ26, will stop for about an hour in FRA and will continue westward and arrive JFK T4 tomorrow night around 11 ish Malaysia time.

Friend pulls itinerary from Handbag........ask what the time difference is between Malaysia, continental europe and US EST, confirms all the details in amazement, shakes head in disbelief and then asks if there's a chance he'll get an upgrade to F. (was in J) I said i don't know THAT much

Well I was chatting the other day with a very experienced SQ traveller friend, and the discussion got into some minute detail which I cannot recall specifically.

Anyway, my friend looked at me incredulously and asked, "How do you KNOW these things??"

To which I replied nonchalantly, "Well there's this website/bulletin board I read sometimes... SQTalk, if you're interested..."

Of course I sorta failed to mention that not only did I read this info, I kinda wrote a little chunk of it...

Comment

Show-offs.

Comment

Title should be, "Never Question SQFG!"
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          Title should be, "Never Question SQFG!"
          I think it should be "Call a friend -SQfg'".

Comment

Awful thread title! Every time I see it I read never knock up a SQTalker!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              Great link, jhm.

knock up
              To get someone (usually a female) pregnant.

Comment

that's cause your mind's on something else.

Probably one of those british terms that THE AL from across the pond doesn't quite dig, eh old chap?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  I think it should be "Call a friend -SQfg'".
                  Who wants to be a millionaire ah? Singapore Airlines Style

For 1,000,000 Krisflyer miles:

What's the most likely tagline we'll use next?

Is it:

A) PPS Club, more exclusive than before. So exclusive we can count the members on one hand.
                  B) Suites Class, exclusively aboard the now 2 year Old A380, a class beyond first, beyond redemption and beyond the end of useful life.
                  C) New First Class, more exclusive than you can imagine. Exclusively aboard the 777-300ER. So exclusive, we can't really talk about it.
                  D) Exclusive. Have we missed excluding anyone?

Comment

You've got one dirty mind there.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    that's cause your mind's on something else.

Probably one of those british terms that THE AL from across the pond doesn't quite dig, eh old chap?
                    Um...I think the phrase originated in the USA.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

The SQFG speaketh! XD

Comment

Yes, the meaning of 'making someone pregnant' is of North American origin, according to my OED.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Where's that? Anywhere near Europe?

Comment

i can just imagine the poor lad... he probably thought his girlfriend didn't believe him and was verifying all of his details to see if he would slip up.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              Where's that? Anywhere near Europe?

yeah, I reckon it must be somewhere 'round there... also reportedly it was somewhere near Canada last time someone spotted it...
                              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                              X