Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been taken for a ride in a taxi ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... I have some bad experiences with taxi drivers in Singapore.
    But with the number of times I have been on a taxi in Singapore, these are just isolated cases:

- One dozed off while driving - I had to wake him up a couple of times by setting off my cell phone ringer.
    - One almost crashed near Changi - he was talking on his cell to ask his colleague where Millenium Copthorne Hotel is (the hotel SQ STPC-ed me) after I said no when he insisted that I must have meant 'Ritz Carlton Millenia'.
    - Several drivers tried to pad up the charges by pressing teh 'extra charges' button just before getting the grand total.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Oops, I misunderstood SQFAN's post, didn't I? You're right, at that hour, black cabs are unfortunately scarce. That's why I walked home.
      Ha ha ha...It was the Hotel location that confused the taxi driver as he thought I wanted to get to a tube station of similar name.

Comment

I was taken on a ride twice last Decemer in Bkk. When confronted, the drivers just kept nodding their heads, and repeated something back in Thai....
        Quite a frustrated situation.

By the way, I love "Jalan Tikus" in JKT business district especially during the rather pointless "3 in 1" periods of the day.

Comment

Once from Kowloon to HKG. Driver literally doubled the meter fare claiming "surcharges". A quick shout to the airport queue marshall brought him back to earth.

The city I really HATE for taking cabs is BKK. The arguments about getting meters turned on, especially when it is raining, just makes me so mad.

Comment

Working...
          X