No announcement yet.

Upcoming movie for FF junkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex is such a great role model for girls.

Give them back what they dish out. Very inspiring.

Comment

Saw it and thought the product placement was hilarious.

Found this interesting article:

http://adage.com/madisonandvine/arti...icle_id=141059

Overall, fantastic movie. Welcome to the pseudo life of many of us!
      HUGE AL

Comment

The Hilton marketing was too in-your-face.

I would have preferred a UA - Hyatt branding.

Comment

Thinking about it, there are many things in the movie that we could identify with. The shiny cards that whizz you through the queues, hopping from one hotel to the next, choosing the shortest security queues based on demographics differentiation (biased I know!), redeeming miles for one's family, and the growing importance of text messages! (this is not related to flying) E.g. I'm being informed through text messages these days when people decide not to come into work that day!!!

Comment

Just watched the movie.

Presentation of the whole thing could have been more stylish (like the kind of 'style' Michael Mann puts in his movies), was positively surprised by the human elements (firing people the way Clooney did and also being told that he was a 'parenthesis' in her life), she was pretty stunning by the way (I am always attracted to women of or around her age), loved the in-flight moment they gave him that silver or whatever else 10m miles card, etc.

Nice to watch overall.

And yes, I also receive SMS messages when people have to go to the doctor in the morning or are about to be an hour or two late. But firing (or being fired) through the use of text messaging is not that nice I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
              she was pretty stunning by the way (I am always attracted to women of or around her age)
              N_Architect likes the old birdies. *chirp chirp*

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                *chirp chirp*

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  Overall, fantastic movie. Welcome to the pseudo life of many of us!
                  Indeed.

We watched this last week and I have to say I quite enjoyed, as much as it reminded me of what a sad life I sometimes lead. Not that I travel as much as Clooney did (heaven forbid), but most of my flights are much longer than his.

The best bit for me was when his new colleague turns up at the airport with half the contents of her house, only to have it politely (and correctly) pointed out that you don't need more than hand luggage for the vast majority of business trips. The times I have had that discussion......

Comment

Caught this last week and although the ending's a little bit depressing (?), worth a watch for the FF community for sure. Here's to a UITA sequel... maybe Still Up In The Air? (perhaps with international destinations this time...)

Thought the script Clooney was given (esp when he got the 10 mil miles) could have used more work to make it more interesting
                    Last edited by Kyo; 16 February 2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X