If you had your own airline from Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had your own airline from Singapore

Just wondering how many of you guys out there have this thought of owning at least on paper your own airline based in Singapore. If you do, how would you route your flights to North America such as LAX, SFO, YVR, NYC, BOS, ORD and YYZ?

Woud you guys want to fly intra-Asia e.g. TPE-NRT or HKG-ICN or the likes of these?

Last but not least, would you configure your business class like that on SQ's 77W and A380 1-2-1 with each seat access to the aisle, or do a herringbone config a la CX but with reduced seat width of course, or do something like QF or QR with a 2-2-2 but with totally flat beds bearing in mind that the seat width is abt 21 to 22 and 2/6 seats do not have aisle access. As a pax, what would your preference of the layout of seats on business class be. As an exec, what would you go for?

Hope to get some replies coming.

Your questions ignore the economics of running an airline business (which is terribly hard). Of course, if I had unlimited money to burn, my airline would fly to all of the major cities on each continent direct (or with the minimum number of stops) with a single "private jet" class (with EK showers, VS/QR/QF lounges, food cooked to order by a GF/BD/etc onboard chef and a VS onboard masseur); and limo/helicopter transfers from home/office to/from the plane. That should attract some business.

Comment

I'd be running a380's all over the world in 853Y configs at rock bottom prices.

Comment

I think you could call that AirSQfg.

Tony Fernandes would be proud.

Comment

I'd be having them Embraer's 145 config in 10F doing regional routes and long haul on the 77W in 40F 1-1 configurations

Comment

A332 is high density Y (3-3-3). Extra US$200 for bulkhead & emex seats. Extra US$50 for 2 more inches of pitch. Preallocated seating will split groups up, US$25 per pax to be seated together. AVOD PTV charged by the movie. Charges to use the lav. Cockpit visits at US$50 per pax. Seats do not recline automatically, US$25 to recline.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              I'd be running a380's all over the world in 853Y configs at rock bottom prices.
              I would apply to become the head purser for those fligths...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                I would apply to become the head purser for those fligths...
                Send CV to areyousureyouwanttosuffer@airSQFG.com

Comment

I imagine SIN to LAX, JFK, EWR, SFO (at the least) direct with a 3-class A345. Of course it'll never happen in reality given the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    SQflyergirl - you accidentially sent me the link for reservations...

Comment

On a more serious note:

If I were to own my own airline - let's say I am waking up tomorrow and owned Singapore Airlines:

- I would continue handing out PPS based on PPS value (and I would actually make the entry to Solitaire easier and the requalification harder).
                      - I would introduce a third tier that is on invitation only and would reward every year the top 100 spenders on SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                        SQflyergirl - you accidentially sent me the link for reservations...
                        It's actually our HR recruitment AND Reservations e-mail.

Thank you very much for your enquiry. Your call is important to us.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                          Just wondering how many of you guys out there have this thought of owning at least on paper your own airline based in Singapore. If you do, how would you route your flights to North America such as LAX, SFO, YVR, NYC, BOS, ORD and YYZ?

Woud you guys want to fly intra-Asia e.g. TPE-NRT or HKG-ICN or the likes of these?

Last but not least, would you configure your business class like that on SQ's 77W and A380 1-2-1 with each seat access to the aisle, or do a herringbone config a la CX but with reduced seat width of course, or do something like QF or QR with a 2-2-2 but with totally flat beds bearing in mind that the seat width is abt 21 to 22 and 2/6 seats do not have aisle access. As a pax, what would your preference of the layout of seats on business class be. As an exec, what would you go for?

Hope to get some replies coming.
                          I would make it the world's only "round the world" airline!

Two alternating round-the-world routes:

1. SIN - BKK - YVR - JFK - BOM - SIN (Northern routing)

2. SIN - DPS - SYD - GIG - CMN - DXB - SIN (Southern routing)

Using the A345 with economy, premium (six abreast seating, fares not higher than 3x economy + inflight bar/lounge), and "top" with only 6 seats and access to lower deck bedrooms + showers.
                          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

MERLION AIRLINES
                            offering PRADA amenities in first class comfort
                            seats designed to give the travellers an experience of the epitomy of luxury in a one class cabin product
                            Destinations include Monte Carlo Monaco, Lhasa Tibet China, Inner mongolia, Sapporo Hokkaido Japan, Las Vegas USA, and etc...
                            I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Working...
                            X