Temporary travel authority?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary travel authority?

What happens when one needs to apply for a visa to country A, and thus has his/her passport kept by the embassy, but needs to travel to country B during that time of visa application? Can a temporary travel authority be obtained? This must have happened to very frequent travelers

This varies depending on the country who issued the passport.

I have two UK passports so that I can have one off getting a visa whilst I travel on the other. It also allows me to go to countries which would not let you in if you have a stamp from Israel in your passport.

Comment

For Singaporeans, I managed to acquire a "piece of paper" from ICA that allowed me to travel. This piece of papaer is for single travel and only to the destination specified. But be prepared to face lots of questions at immigration in country B.

Comment

On my Aussie passport under renewal two weeks ago at the Singaporean High Commission, they asked if they could keep it whilst under renew. I had a flight the next day, which I informed them about - they let me keep my passport (barely had any space left for a stamp, mind you). And then when I came back they 'got creative' with the front cover of the old one - i.e., rendering it unusable.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
          For Singaporeans, I managed to acquire a "piece of paper" from ICA that allowed me to travel. This piece of papaer is for single travel and only to the destination specified. But be prepared to face lots of questions at immigration in country B.
          Is it that difficult to get a proper second passport in Singapore?
          Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
            Is it that difficult to get a proper second passport in Singapore?
            In Singapore / for Singaporeans, I think you are not allowed to have 2 valid passports at the same time. They will punch a hole through the passport before giving you your new passport. Or they can join the two passports together ( i did that as my visa was in my old passport and didn't want to apply a new visa). Or you had to make a police report for loss passport.

Comment

Working...
            X