Lounges and the People In Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lounges and the People In Them

I know there was thread on PAX beside you in the plane.. but thought what about the lounges. Sitting in SATS right now... am at least 20 metres from this Brit who on his mobile and I can hear every frickin word he is talking to his business associates about. I dont care... shut up!

Ok now I have de-stressed of sorts.

If I went into the stock market (that includes shorting stock) every time I heard proprietary information being blabbed out aloud in lounges - I would be very very rich indeed.

Of even less interest is to hear that Jane's been sleeping with Alan, whilst Jane's husband Bob's been bonking the secretary in the office after hours. Like I care.........

Comment

Well he's finally shut up... reading a book now.. just as well as was getting close to telling him to place his mobile when the sun don't shine

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
        Well he's finally shut up... reading a book now.. just as well as was getting close to telling him to place his mobile when the sun don't shine
        There's an easier way. Smile and make it obvious that you're taking notes about what he's talking. That shuts them up pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          There's an easier way. Smile and make it obvious that you're taking notes about what he's talking. That shuts them up pretty quickly.
          ROFL! I shall try that approach in future!
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I just join their conversation.
            HUGE AL

Comment

In the lounges & on the planes (and trains, etc), it's amazing the information people think nothing of having others overhear. I've also heard stories of airline employees also sharing (with pax) information about other passengers which shouldn't be...

Comment

i was once in the skl at T3 and trying to enjoy a quiet dinner with my wife. There was this french guy who just paced around the whole front part of the lounge near the dining area speaking very loudly for the whole 1 hour that i was there. that was a little annoying.

Comment

Reminds me of a bit in an episode of "Family Guy" where Stewie and Brian are attempting to find this guy who Stewie believes is his real father.

He gets into an elevator in a hotel with this guy talking loudly on the phone and repeating "can you hear me now?", they then cut to the floor that Stewie gets off at and as he walks out you see the guy (having been beaten senseless) lying on the floor of the elevator..

Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                    He gets into an elevator in a hotel with this guy talking loudly on the phone and repeating "can you hear me now?", they then cut to the floor that Stewie gets off at and as he walks out you see the guy (having been beaten senseless) lying on the floor of the elevator..
                    That episode is awsome
                    Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Had the same episode in TG lounge in BKK... This French dude (no offense to all French out there) was blaring into his black/blueberry explaning to this other dude on the other side of the line that it was not his fault that the email didn't get through.

Some nice English biker dude with massive tattoos and biceps soon went over to him and asked him to move out if he decides that he wants to continue his conversation.

Comment

Working...
                      X