A delicious attempt :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A delicious attempt :D

Here’s probably my favourite dish of all - one of the quickest and easiest to prepare, and delicious to eat too!

Thought I'd share it with you guys

Linguine with King Crab..

What you will need (for two persons):
    250g dried linguine (I use De Cecco no.7)
    400g cooked / raw king crab (usually frozen, Isetan supermarket)
    2tbsp chopped garlic
    2# bird’s eye chilli (red preferred)
    150ml white wine
    A small bunch of Italian parsley or spring onion (chopped)
    A squeeze of lemon
    Salt to taste

Technique:
    All pasti have cooking indication time (this is to be followed to the second for al dente). If you are using De Cecco it’s 11 minutes to al dente. What we want to do though, is boil it for exactly 2 minutes less (9 minutes) and finish cooking it in the sauce which we will prepare separately so that the pasta absorbs the flavours of the crab sauce.

Bring 1.5l of water to a boil in a pot and add a generous fistful of salt to it (can be coarse / fine). Put in the linguine and keep it on rapid boil for 9 minutes. Stir occasionally.

When 5 minutes have past, start on the sauce. Heat up some extra virgin olive oil in a pan on moderate heat. Put in the garlic and chilli, and saute till soft and slightly coloured.

Immediately put in the crabs, together with its juices and white wine. Bring down the heat to a simmer and season the sauce to taste.

Drain the pasta after 9 minutes of cooking, and pour the wet pasta in the sauce.

Bring up the heat again to moderate and stir gently to ensure even cooking of the linguine in the sauce. At this point, you may want to squeeze in the lemon (if you like to add lemon).

Switch off the fire after 2 minutes and stir in the chopped herbs. Serve piping hot.

Gosh that looks yummy!

I put on 3 kgs just looking at it

Comment

Yeah... that looks really tasty!

Comment

Looks good and it's nearly lunch time here as well...

SQ should - if they haven't done so before - consider running a competition to design a dish to be served onboard. I'm sure this would be very popular in a country of food fanatics like Singapore!

(Other airlines - e.g. BA - have done something similar before.)

Comment

... and for the first prize they can give a Lifetime PPS membership...

Comment

thanks alot for the comments.. actually there's a lot where that came from hehe

Comment

Oh wow, that looks good!
              Why oh why am I on a diet??

Comment

Looks yummy, gotta try this one! Unfortunately it's kinda hard to get a hold of fresh (and I mean frehs-frehs and not overpriced ones) crabs here...

Actually, we could share some recipes here of our favorite dishs =) .. whould be quite an inspiring attempt of culinary exchange.
                Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Actually we could share our recipes!

I've compiled sorta a book over the years on my little experiments (mostly pastry and dessert though).

Comment

Working...
                  X